LaVar Arrington's Brees' comments.... kinda out of left field (1 Viewer)

It’s bc when the saints reached out to him when they needed him, he said no. Now that there’s growing support for JW, he throws out that tweet. He also acted dumb after everyone was speculating about him coming back to the saints.
I kinda agree with you on the part about the team having reached out to and having been denied by Brees last year. But this is just some washed up players taking an opportunity to take shots at Brees.

But Brees shares some responsibility for the way he responded to the news of his impending departure from NBC. His comments, which clearly was his attempt at being coy or funny or both was said in jest. However, that response put the Saints in a position to have to make sure everyone knew that Brees was NOT coming back to the team. Poor response choice by Brees opened the door for washed up dumbarses to take shots at him.

Arrington was not a bust. He was not on Brees' level but he was not a bust; Quinn definitely. Drew has been struggling to find his next step these last few years but I'm sure he'll figure it out.
He was absolutely a bust. Dude had 3 pretty good years... And that's it. His entire career lasted 7 years and the last 3 he was completely irrelevant. He was drafted 2nd overall. That's a bust.

The Brady Quinn comment is odd too about Brees not being wanted by the Saints. Consider the caliber of these ex NFL pundits too. Brees is very well liked. I guess they have nothing to talk about.

C4B4CF55-F7C7-446A-8952-6163C5A158EB.jpeg
Quin is probably referencing many stupid fans who wouldn't want him on the team now. The front office and coaches may feel different.

So many Saints fans dog Drew because he can't throw 60 yard ropes, but to not want him on the team, in some capacity, not the starter mind you, would be dumb.

It is all a moot point because it is clear Drew was being tongue in cheek when he said what he said.

Lavar and Brady just need to shut their mouth.

He was absolutely a bust. Dude had 3 pretty good years... And that's it. His entire career lasted 7 years and the last 3 he was completely irrelevant. He was drafted 2nd overall. That's a bust.
People who make multiple pro bowls are rarely considered a bust. I get the tendency to treat Drew like a diety around here but he was not a bust.

These guys are competitors. They weren’t better on the field…so they’re thrilled that they’re better than Brees at something and gloating about it. Speaks to their insecurities.

When did Brees “act out”? Did I miss something?
Yep. To me, however, Brees was only bad when calling NFL games. In studio, I thought he was good. He wasn’t outstanding, but he was no worse than Rodney or Dungy. If he stays in studio, then he’d be fine. If he tries calling games like he did our game, he’ll be Witten level.

The way those guys are speaking it sounds like personal animus. Drew only really posts about his family adventures and business dealings. Other than that, you really don’t hear much from him unless a former teammate is being honored or has died. This was a hit job and some nasty work brought to us by Lavar’s rambling brain and Quinn’s habitual irrelevance.

People who make multiple pro bowls are rarely considered a bust. I get the tendency to treat Drew like a diety around here but he was not a bust.
I agree with you that he wasn’t a bust, but Drew is a first ballot HOF’er who’s one of the best to ever do it. And I don’t feel he or any other athlete deserves any type of worship. They throw catch and run with a ball. The other side tackles folks with a ball. Lol

I do agree that some folks equate that to deity status, which is very strange to me. To each their own tho.

Didn’t seem that way from the long retirement posts tributes he received when he finally called it a career. Only Brady received more. Cause Ben, Eli, Rivers sure didn’t get the praise Brees got when his kids announced his retirement. No one is loved by everyone, but the way those men framed Brees it was like he is a pariah to players and always has been. That’s not the impression I get when players talk on him or tweet about him when those ridiculous QB comparison tweets get to trending on Twitter.

It’s bc when the saints reached out to him when they needed him, he said no. Now that there’s growing support for JW, he throws out that tweet. He also acted dumb after everyone was speculating about him coming back to the saints.
I seriously doubt that.

Quin is probably referencing many stupid fans who wouldn't want him on the team now. The front office and coaches may feel different
Because someone's opinion doesn't jive with yours doesn't necessarily make them "stupid fans". I can rattle off a legitimate list of 10 reasons why Brees should not be on this team or any other team at this point.
Brees retired because time caught up with him as it does to every player. Brees in this team now would mean a player that could actually contribute would be on the outside looking in.

Every GM in the league would think Loomis and the Saints would be damn fools to pay Brees $25 million to be a backup. We lost in the playoffs because a good defensive coordinator decided he had nothing to fear past 20 yards from Brees and it resulted in Brees' worst performance in a playoff game.

People who think Brees can still start in the NFL are simply having a hard time letting go of the fact that the best QB we have ever had is done.

Because someone's opinion doesn't jive with yours doesn't necessarily make them "stupid fans". I can rattle off a legitimate list of 10 reasons why Brees should not be on this team or any other team at this point.
Brees retired because time caught up with him as it does to every player. Brees in this team now would mean a player that could actually contribute would be on the outside looking in.

Every GM in the league would think Loomis and the Saints would be damn fools to pay Brees $25 million to be a backup. We lost in the playoffs because a good defensive coordinator decided he had nothing to fear past 20 yards from Brees and it resulted in Brees' worst performance in a playoff game.

People who think Brees can still start in the NFL are simply having a hard time letting go of the fact that the best QB we have ever had is done.
Soylent Green is people!!

It was fairly objective. Brees was fired after only one season for being basically a corpse. It was painful to watch. Stiff as a board. He’s not a Tony Romo and I think that’s what they hoped for. Brees comments after the firing implied it was still his decision to “broadcast booth it” with NBC and sadly it wasn’t. I think Arrington was just trying to say the world doesn’t love you enough to keep you around without talent even though Brees appeared to think he was in control of something he wasn’t.

The booth is a talent and popularity contest. Drew has neither in the booth. Thus the axe after one year.

Great great QB, but the Saints have moved on and his return is not only comical but disrespectful to Winston, our team and coaches.

Brees needs to find another avenue or opportunity if he wants to stay relevant in the public eye. And, he needs to be much better at his craft if he wants to be in the booth.

Arrington and Quinn both had short and disappointing careers. They are just hating on one of the most productive QBs in NFL History.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom