LaVar Arrington's Brees' comments.... kinda out of left field (1 Viewer)

Oh look a bunch of people who hold 0 NFL records and 0 Lombardis wanna throw schade at DB9. OK then....lol
yep. i think brees is "too nice" to do that political type game of commentating, being someone like them trying to trash talk ppl. i think he sees the good in people and will not straight say "this player sucks, no one likes him".

I’ll say this…Arrington has always been kind of a know-it-all malcontent in his post-career dealings. But I honestly look at his comment and in the abstract - I think there is some merit to them. Loosely, but some merit.

Brees was basically a god in Louisiana and in the locker room. He had just committed to giving millions to feed those in the city who were impacted by COVID closures. He was possibly one of the most loved and revered people in the state.

Then his comments come out about his feelings regarding kneeling during the anthem and in a flash - tons of people turned on him publicly. Several teammates spoke out against his comments in the media, peers and colleagues turned on him in public and things became very polarized.

So Drew, like any compassionate person, apologized - quickly all those who rushed to defend him trashed him for being woke and disingenuous.

Just like that, a man who could do no wrong was suddenly a target for criticism from both sides of the social and political spectrum.

So where Arringtons comments have some merit is that there was a time prior to that incident where it was unthinkable that Drew would be unwanted or unliked but we’ve all seen that there are people out there who really don’t care for him outside of football.

Again, I think Arrington is salty and I don’t value his opinion much, but I can’t say it’s out of left field considering what we saw prior to the 2020 season.

Last edited:
It’s bc when the saints reached out to him when they needed him, he said no. Now that there’s growing support for JW, he throws out that tweet. He also acted dumb after everyone was speculating about him coming back to the saints.
Seriously???? So you want Brees to decommit himself from his new job to start late in the season for a team that have players that he never played for and was signed the weeks prior? Not to mention he hadn't played contact football in many months just to risk further injuries for one game? Acted dumb? It you twitter and media people getting all worked up and took what he said on twitter and tried to twist it around and assume things. He clearly say he is undecided. I am still baffled by the reactions.

Sadly enjoying immense success on the gridiron is no guarantee of that same success in the TV booth. It’s obvious Drew hasn’t easily transitioned into his new network role. Given another season he may.

However, Arrington sounds like a scorned child.
At least Brees wasn't as bad in the booth as Joe Montana (and yes, I realize I'm one of the few here old enough to remember Montana behind a microphone LOL).

At least Brees wasn't as bad in the booth as Joe Montana (and yes, I realize I'm one of the few here old enough to remember Montana behind a microphone LOLI
I don't recall him doing any games. I know Bill Walsh did but he was horrible.

I don’t think that’s the confusing part of your post.

It’s bc when the saints reached out to him when they needed him, he said no. Now that there’s growing support for JW, he throws out that tweet. He also acted dumb after everyone was speculating about him coming back to the saints.
Nobody with a lick of common sense or honesty thought Brees was serious about coming back to play, much less coming back for Winston's job.

This is LaVar Arington…

61706AB8-8AD0-4A10-A55B-09642E57B142.jpeg
Funny thing about him bragging about that is he then was never on a team that beat Drew Brees in the NFL :hihi:

Got blown out 3-30 in 2001 (despite it being Flutie at QB and Brees not playing)

Lost 17-23 in 2005 on an overtime walk off Tomlinson 41-yd TD run (even though Brees did throw 3 INT, the last being a potential game-winning Hail Mary attempt)

Then got blown out again 7-30 in 2006 with the Giants (even though Arrington was on IR)

The Brady Quinn comment is odd too about Brees not being wanted by the Saints. Consider the caliber of these ex NFL pundits too. Brees is very well liked. I guess they have nothing to talk about.

C4B4CF55-F7C7-446A-8952-6163C5A158EB.jpeg
Brady Quinn…another bitter can’t say has been bit maybe a never was NFL QB. He’s a marginal broadcaster. Admittedly Drew had some bumps in his broadcasting career hut Lavar Arrington and Brady Quinn. Talk about marginal look no further than these two.

Brady Quinn…another bitter can’t say has been bit maybe a never was NFL QB. He’s a marginal broadcaster. Admittedly Drew had some bumps in his broadcasting career hut Lavar Arrington and Brady Quinn. Talk about marginal look no further than these two.
Quinn is a broadcaster?!?! Dang, he’s so great I have looked over him entirely😂.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom