LaVar Arrington's Brees' comments.... kinda out of left field (2 Viewers)

This is the time of year when there is not much actual football stuff to report, so you end up with stuff like this on TV. Thankfully I haven't watched these shows in a long time, although I do YouTube Shannon Sharpe after a big Saints/LSU win. Always found him entertaining

Sure, could have gone something like this…..
Amazing career, but more importantly what he did to the city of New Orleans bringing hope. Great individual and team player.
Ohhh ok. You were referring to those ex jocks on tv that could of say those things. I literally thought you were talking about Brees.

Ohhh ok. You were referring to those ex jocks on tv that could of say those things. I literally thought you were talking about Brees.
Nah, I love Drew! It irked me that people are taking shots at him and focusing on the negatives when he has done so much good.

Hey look three never was players are maaaad jealous of possibly the best pure passer in NFL history.

Nah, I love Drew! It irked me that people are taking shots at him and focusing on the negatives when he has done so much good.
I am ok with people saying he wasn't good behind the booth. He is not immune to criticism. I didn't think he was that good doing games. He was ok in the studio. But what irks me are those fools behind their desk psycho analyzing his thoughts and making assumptions. Now I know what is required to be hired by the network.....Got to be a bad football player, got to be an idiot, got to say say things to draw attention, got to yell and scream, got to have on and off the field issues in the past.

I think its part Brees’ competitiveness getting in the way and part other former player that underachieved but turned into good analysts being jealous of Brees’ career. To be fair, Brees’ response was kinda weird but at the same these analysts need grow a thicker skin.

I think its part Brees’ competitiveness getting in the way and part other former player that underachieved but turned into good analysts being jealous of Brees’ career. To be fair, Brees’ response was kinda weird but at the same these analysts need grow a thicker skin.
I am curious. What did Brees say that was weird? The only thing Brees said was he was undecided on his future, and seeing how we got some good players. I am really trying to understand what are all the commotions about over these tweets. I do not see anything more than what he said.

This is the perfect example of the so-called experts/sports media being the story (ie: manufactoring controversy) instead of reporting useful info....this is the complete and utter garbage the sports media has turned into.....(it has nothing to do with Brees).....

These guys are competitors. They weren’t better on the field…so they’re thrilled that they’re better than Brees at something and gloating about it. Speaks to their insecurities.

When did Brees “act out”? Did I miss something?
Better than him on TV, maybe but they’re certainly not good either.

Another day, another bad take from someone who wishes they were literally 1/10 as relevant as Drew Brees. Ive never had anything against LaVar Arrington, after all he was a player who never truly lived up to his lofty draft status coming out of Penn State, and thats it, but with this take its quite clear hes a little (A LOT? idk) sour when it comes to the success and admiration of others. To say what he said regarding a person that most Saint fans feel is a living legend is more than just petty, its sad. While we love and adore him, he is also loved around the country as well, just nowhere to the level he is here (and i would imagine Texas too).

I think Arrington sounds oddly scorned, agree. He needs to address whatever issues he has with Brees - because it sure doesn't warrant that much of a response.

At the same time, I can see how it would be construed that Brees just couldn't cut it at NBC so he's resorting to 'i have so many options..ill release my final decision soon'. I kind of dislike that drama. Brees needs to accept the fact that he had an amazing NFL career and just move to another network that he can cut it at. We don't need a play by play, because nobody is really sitting on their hands. Though it would be cool to see him play for another team and succeed....despite how much i hate not seeing him in a Saints uni.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom