Lawful Good alignment (1 Viewer)

So if a D&D game is being played and in this particular game the dungeon master says that the scenario is in ancient Grecian times and that Zeus has made himself known to the players and given them his divine laws, but the local government has conflicting laws, then in this case there is absolutely a higher law.
So it does not fit both.

Kudos on pushing your agenda though, you are very consistent.

Thank you, but I don't have an agenda.

Last edited:
Thank you, but I don't have an agenda.

cut the bullshirt....we all know otherwise

source.gif

Kind of obvious what SystemShock's D&D classification would be... :hmm:

As to the original question, IMHO a Lawful Good would follow the 'higher authority', while a Neutral Good would follow the letter of the law no matter how it changed wherever he/she is. Chaotic Good? Well, that's anybody's guess, isn't it? Sort of the point of that distinction.

Kind of obvious what SystemShock's D&D classification would be... :hmm:

As to the original question, IMHO a Lawful Good would follow the 'higher authority', while a Neutral Good would follow the letter of the law no matter how it changed wherever he/she is. Chaotic Good? Well, that's anybody's guess, isn't it? Sort of the point of that distinction.
Josey Wales is chaotic good

Lawful Good just means you have to adhere to a code, it doesn't mean you blindly follow every single law. Like a Paladin has a code he adheres to, but if they're in some blatantly tyrannical land they're not going to just do what the law tells them to.

Also, stop engaging SystemShock. Whether he's genuine with this pseudo intellectual silliness or doing it for laughs, he's a troll tier poster at this point.

Lawful Good just means you have to adhere to a code, it doesn't mean you blindly follow every single law. Like a Paladin has a code he adheres to, but if they're in some blatantly tyrannical land they're not going to just do what the law tells them to.

Also, stop engaging SystemShock. Whether he's genuine with this pseudo intellectual silliness or doing it for laughs, he's a troll tier poster at this point.

Yeah there is definitely something broken there

Time to step away from the monitor

I have a lot of AD&D history, and this is how I understand it.

Lawful -Neutral - Good.
Lawful - Chaotic represents "how" you follow your own code of behavior. i.e. I would be Neutral - leaning to lawful as I act according to my personal code of conduct, but I am willing to flex that to attain certain outcomes. (i.e. keep a sheetty job that goes against your beliefs to pay the bills) It also reveals a bit about personal organization and structure.

Chaotic - Neutral - Evil.
Good - Evil is about how you treat/interact others and their property - your actual behavior and how you treat others. Muder, mayhem, arson, etc... are generally evil. But so is using government/law to FORCE someone to do something they would not normally. (i.e. burn a jewish persons store or to have the state take ones assets.) The Sheriff of Knottingham was Lawful Evil yet Robin Hood was more of a Neutral Good-Lawful Good.

That said, there is no morality in ANY government's law. Regardless if that law is made by edict (King) or by referendum (the people). Just because it is a law of a kingdom, does not make that law just or good. The only morality in laws comes from what they do to each person in said kingdom. The fact that most laws limit individual freedom (by taxation or use of public garnered monies) does make most laws either neutral or evil. Especially, the fact that almost every law employs the use of FORCE or VIOLENCE by the said government entity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom