Lawn Care (1 Viewer)

We have two cherry trees - they’re just about done blooming but they’re quite the site when they’re full. (EDIT - That's not my house, this is looking out from my yard - that house is across the street).

Looks like your yard is perfect for photography with the brick hardscape and lush landscaping.

I was referring to zeetes photo.....he has nice oxalis growing! (clover looking stuff with pink flowers)
I was wondering, bc technically, you could call every weed on this thread Oxalis lol. Like 500 types of weeds fall into the Oxalis
Family.

Just this morning sprayed an area of the front yard where nothing will grow but creeping charlie and other pernicious weeds. Getting ready to put down mulch, and sprayed with 15% vinegar, 2 cups of salt, and 1 oz dish soap. The yard smells like a pickle, but the weeds are dying. I'll put the mulch in, and no more weeds.

Ok here is the problem.

It is sold to the masses. That is the problem. The product has been vilified. When the real problem is the end user lack of knowledge and the greed of it being sold in concentrate form to the public.

The guy in the law suit was not liscened to use it.

His employer had him doing that without any real training.

Without applying equal if not greater blame to both of them is just plain foolish.

Most people use way too much of the product. Or the wrong method of application.

Someone that does it for a living and pays for the product knows you do not need to spray to the point of runoff. You don't need full coverage of every weed.

It is an evil that is needed because nobody will pay to hand weed. It is a method to save time that no one wants to pay for.

If product is used correctly it is not that bad.

In fact it would not be used nearly as much if everyone maintained their property the right way. You know like actually using mulch correctly, cutting their turf often enough and at the correct height.

The problem is us.
I use a hoe to remove weeds, then follow with the aforementioned vinegar + salt solution to kill any remaining roots before putting down mulch. Using a hoe properly is quick and effective.

I've got 8 yards of mulch to lay down before this weekend, so if any y'all not doin' nuthin' drop on by. I have beer :hihi:

Folks I have found Fer ti Lome. It's pricey, but it's a weeds worst nightmare. I just used their centipede fertilizer that no one else makes 15 0 15. Had to get at feed n seed store in covington, (or online) as none of the big retail stores carry the fertilizer. (ace carries the weed killer for $39.99).

I was reluctant to pay that, but many had told me about so I did. It works.
Does it work on Creeping Charlie? I use Speed Zone which knocks it out for a month or so, but it always returns. Creeping Charlie is the debil :hihi:

Just this morning sprayed an area of the front yard where nothing will grow but creeping charlie and other pernicious weeds. Getting ready to put down mulch, and sprayed with 15% vinegar, 2 cups of salt, and 1 oz dish soap. The yard smells like a pickle, but the weeds are dying. I'll put the mulch in, and no more weeds.

I’m very interested in this approach. I love how it is completely organic. Let me know how it goes please.

I’m very interested in this approach. I love how it is completely organic. Let me know how it goes please.
Will do. I’ve used this formula many times. It is a herbicide and will kill whatever it touches. It is also not a pre-emergent, so you may get some additional weed sprouting. Weed eradication is a process, not an event:hihi:

We have two cherry trees - they’re just about done blooming but they’re quite the site when they’re full. (EDIT - That's not my house, this is looking out from my yard - that house is across the street).

E0614096-F0CA-4152-AB41-1A43F2122025.jpeg

Nice wall. Mine is red brick and we just had an automated gate put in on the garage side.

Have you considered spikes on top to keep out the poor?:devilish:

Nice wall. Mine is red brick and we just had an automated gate put in on the garage side.

Have you considered spikes on top to keep out the poor?:devilish:

There's no poor people in my neighborhood.

Except us maybe, our gate isn't automated - I have to push a button.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom