Lawn Care (1 Viewer)

Yeeeaaahhh... I'm going to continue to use Round-up and do so in large quantities. My yard is xeriscaped. I need something that kills large areas now and keeps it dead and is readily available at an affordable price. I have tried "natural" solutions and I am not satisfied with their performance. I have tried other herbicides and I am not satisfied with their performance. Round-up has never let me down.

*I have never worked for Monsanto.

Jenny McCarthy uses it instead of nair.

The thing that I don't like about glyphosate is that it is turning up so commonly in the food chain. Its use is so widespread and it apparently doesn't break down that easily, and we're consuming it for sure. Lots of things have been thought to be innocuous but turned out not to be. I'm not saying some quasi-rational fear of future knowledge of harmful effect is compelling enough to curtail use of a product, but it is unsettling how widespread it is.

Now this is something to be concerned about in today's world. 20 years ago, Round-up was sprayed only on weeds and plants farmers/homeowners wanted erradicated. Anything green it touched was killed (more or less). Glyphosate binds readily with soil, so runoff was not a big issue. Very little had a chance to get to your table. That is different today with Round-up ready crops. Genetically modified plants can withstand an application of glyphosate.....increasing yields. But soybeans, corn, etc. are sprayed with glyphosate one or more times prior to harvest. I would think residue is a legit concern.

Now this is something to be concerned about in today's world. 20 years ago, Round-up was sprayed only on weeds and plants farmers/homeowners wanted erradicated. Anything green it touched was killed (more or less). Glyphosate binds readily with soil, so runoff was not a big issue. Very little had a chance to get to your table. That is different today with Round-up ready crops. Genetically modified plants can withstand an application of glyphosate.....increasing yields. But soybeans, corn, etc. are sprayed with glyphosate one or more times prior to harvest. I would think residue is a legit concern.

Why is it a concern?

Even though I worked at Monsanto, I do NOT advocate eating or drinking glyphosate! :)

I promise you on all that’s holy, I did NOT google this. It was on my Google homepage.

“One of the plaintiff’s experts, pathologist Dennis Weisenburger, also testified about his research on NHL and cancer on Tuesday, saying: “When you get Roundup on your skin … it will penetrate the cells of the skin, it will get into the tissues, it will then get into the lymph system and into the blood.”

He added: “My opinion is that to the best of medical certainty, I believe that Roundup is a substantial cause of cancer in people who are exposed to it in the workplace or in the environment.”

Hardemans team has presented testimony from his doctors, along with a range of experts who have discussed in detail the research linking NHL to glyphosate.”

Like I said, just not worth the risk.

Last edited:
So what is your opinion of the multimillion dollar settlement awarded in the favor of Dewayne Johnson?

Didn't he state that he would get large amount of the stuff on his ski then not wash it off for hours at a time due to his job or something like that? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think that getting your hands doused in any sort of chemical used to kill plants would be a good enough reason to wash it off asap.

I promise you on all that’s holy, I did NOT google this. It was on my Google homepage.

“One of the plaintiff’s experts, pathologist Dennis Weisenburger, also testified about his research on NHL and cancer on Tuesday, saying: “When you get Roundup on your skin … it will penetrate the cells of the skin, it will get into the tissues, it will then get into the lymph system and into the blood.”

He added: “My opinion is that to the best of medical certainty, I believe that Roundup is a substantial cause of cancer in people who are exposed to it in the workplace or in the environment.”

Hardemans team has presented testimony from his doctors, along with a range of experts who have discussed in detail the research linking NHL to glyphosate.”

Like I said, just not worth the risk.
I'll die from cancer before I die from pulling weeds in the desert sun.

Ekono, YouTube it! Im sure someone on there is having the same issue.

BayouBoy, you still around?

Back onto lawn care. Is there any way in creation to get rid of or minimize crawfish mounds in a yard. Tons and tons of sand for fill and drainage?

um yeah catch n eat.

but yeah need to re-grade your yard to get out the low spots where water collects and keeps "boggy".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom