Lawn Guy Dave Strikes Back (1 Viewer)

I watch my 2009 Blu Ray to this day. I guess I always will. As I watch I get fleeting moments of that feeling from that season. It was magic.
It truly was magic...every time I see that interception, I choke up and tears flow...I can't help it...been following close since 84...
I gotta say, I feel the same way about watching the game with the falcons and the reopening of the Superdome...you knew then......

That thread was painful, sad, hilarious and incredible all at the same time.

That thread was brutal. I've dug it up a few times and it's one of the all time great "Owned" threads. It's a great lesson on why you should always keep it real and not try to act like you have some kind of insider info if you actually don't. Because maybe one day Mamba will decide to research every post you've ever made and show the world what a phony you really are.

The highlight that gets me the most emotional was Porter's INT of Favre. It's because when the Vikings had 1st and 10 on our 32 and seemed sure to sit on it for a 40something yard field goal to win, I was so angry I was scaring myself (and my friends generally describe me as a level-headed guy). I've never been that angry watching a sports game before (no, not even after the refs cheated us vs. the Rams). I was 100% sure the Saints were going to break my heart like they always did and I'd be like my grandparents and die without ever seeing them win anything. At that moment, I hated the Saints and I hated myself for rooting for them for so long. To go from that feeling to "Pigs have flown, hell has frozen over!!!!"....I will never have the words to adequately describe it.

When watching the replay, I love seeing all of the other Saints' defenders in the frame (Harper, Greer, Shanle) throw their arms in the air as soon as Porter picks it off, only to then be like "Oh, wait we have to block now!!!" and take off after him.

It truly was magic...every time I see that interception, I choke up and tears flow...I can't help it...been following close since 84...
I gotta say, I feel the same way about watching the game with the falcons and the reopening of the Superdome...you knew then......

What does LGD charge? Is it by acreage, per blade of grass, by the hour? I need a lawn guy and will pay big for inside Saints info. Have his people call my people.

Yesterday afternoon I saw Lawn Guy Dave driving down my road to work on a neighbor's yard. I tried to flag him down but he just flicked a cigarette out the window as he passed. I was able to find the butt and it was a Winston so yeah, he's the real deal. I walked down the street and caught him as he was getting his equipment out of his trailer. He didn't seem to be in a great mood but I was able to get some info out of him so I thought I'd share.

I asked him about Drew's injury and he leaned against his truck and sighed. He stood there staring into the middle distance for what seemed like an eternity. It was a a little awkward as he stood there with that thousand yard stare. Then he lit another Winston and said, "Nietzsche once said, "To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering", well that's what being a Saints fan has been like for most of my life. I knew this day was coming. It's been coming for a long time. The Saints having a HoF QB and being a Super Bowl favorite? It was all too good to be true. At least we'll always have 2009. They can't take that away from us. By god they can't take that away."

I asked him if he knew any specifics about Drew's injury and he had this to say, "Right now I can't get into specifics. It would be in violation of HIPPA laws. All I can tell you is that he injured his throwing hand and he'll be out for some time. It could be 6 weeks. It could be 8 weeks. It could be more than 8 weeks. They're still in the process of gathering information and there's no set timetable for recovery but Drew will recover probably."

I asked for his take on the officiating and he looked over his shoulder, leaned in and whispered, "Drago there's a lot going on behind the scenes with the refs. We can talk about it but not here, not out in the open."

He left me with some encouragement, "If Teddy Ballgame can just keep us within striking distance I have no doubt Drew might come back and play some games. You can count on that."

And just so everyone is clear. He is not me. I don't have a lawn, but I'm still am a guy...for now. :hihi:

No way this is true....got any pictures of his mower? Yard when he's done? Anything that proves he's an actual lawn guy?

Yesterday afternoon I saw Lawn Guy Dave driving down my road to work on a neighbor's yard. I tried to flag him down but he just flicked a cigarette out the window as he passed. I was able to find the butt and it was a Winston so yeah, he's the real deal. I walked down the street and caught him as he was getting his equipment out of his trailer. He didn't seem to be in a great mood but I was able to get some info out of him so I thought I'd share.

I asked him about Drew's injury and he leaned against his truck and sighed. He stood there staring into the middle distance for what seemed like an eternity. It was a a little awkward as he stood there with that thousand yard stare. Then he lit another Winston and said, "Nietzsche once said, "To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering", well that's what being a Saints fan has been like for most of my life. I knew this day was coming. It's been coming for a long time. The Saints having a HoF QB and being a Super Bowl favorite? It was all too good to be true. At least we'll always have 2009. They can't take that away from us. By god they can't take that away."

I asked him if he knew any specifics about Drew's injury and he had this to say, "Right now I can't get into specifics. It would be in violation of HIPPA laws. All I can tell you is that he injured his throwing hand and he'll be out for some time. It could be 6 weeks. It could be 8 weeks. It could be more than 8 weeks. They're still in the process of gathering information and there's no set timetable for recovery but Drew will recover probably."

I asked for his take on the officiating and he looked over his shoulder, leaned in and whispered, "Drago there's a lot going on behind the scenes with the refs. We can talk about it but not here, not out in the open."

He left me with some encouragement, "If Teddy Ballgame can just keep us within striking distance I have no doubt Drew might come back and play some games. You can count on that."
I read all of LGD’s comments in Sam Elliot’s voice from his role In the Big Lebowski.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom