LB Coach (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Now that Mike Nolan left to go be the DC for DAL, we have a vacate spot for LB coach. who would be a perfect fit to fill the roll?

I have never heard anything about Vilma being interested in a coaching position. Singletary I can see though. I believe last year he was the Memphis head coach in the minor league "Alliance of American Football". I believe he would be available if that is what Payton wants.

I have never heard anything about Vilma being interested in a coaching position. Singletary I can see though. I believe last year he was the Memphis head coach in the minor league "Alliance of American Football". I believe he would be available if that is what Payton wants.
Vilma has stated numerous times in interviews that he is willing to do whatever if the Saints asked him to. He has a good gig right now with that college gameday, but he could make more money coaching I’d assume. He also stated that he loves being around the game and he misses it. I don’t have a link being that those interviews are probably a year old or more. The way that dude read an offense, audibled his defense when he saw fit, was masterful. He would be a natural as a coach on the sidelines. Just my $.02

Vilma has stated numerous times in interviews that he is willing to do whatever if the Saints asked him to. He has a good gig right now with that college gameday, but he could make more money coaching I’d assume. He also stated that he loves being around the game and he misses it. I don’t have a link being that those interviews are probably a year old or more. The way that dude read an offense, audibled his defense when he saw fit, was masterful. He would be a natural as a coach on the sidelines. Just my $.02

I wouldn't be mad if we hired Vilma. I've listened to interviews with him breaking down offenses, and I came away very impressed with his knowledge. Now does that translate into a good coach? I have no clue. But once a whodat...

I wouldn't be mad if we hired Vilma. I've listened to interviews with him breaking down offenses, and I came away very impressed with his knowledge. Now does that translate into a good coach? I have no clue. But once a whodat...
Not sure if it would translate, but
not sure if would translate into a good coach, but SP said Vilma was like another coach on the field. Said Vilma was so instrumental that he had him up on the victor’s podium for the SB win. He’s a National Champion, SB Champion, college graduate, and now analyst. The guy just accomplishes everything he sets his mind to.
He’s locked in a multi year deal with his analyst gig, so he probably wouldn’t leave.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom