LB Jerod Mayo [Tennessee] (1 Viewer)

Conrad

Reaction score
Jerod Mayo is a guy that will probably climb right now as he came into the draft at 6'1" 242lbs and ran a 4.5 [40].

Not only was he a very dominant tackler in the SEC he has the size and speed that we need in the middle.

can anyone find a highlight video of him, can't find out myself.

Beast. But I've been trumpeting him for the last 4 months. Dude gets no credit around here. People think the only LB's worth anything in the draft are Conner, Rivers, and Lofton because the TV told them so.

Beast. But I've been trumpeting him for the last 4 months. Dude gets no credit around here. People think the only LB's worth anything in the draft are Conner, Rivers, and Lofton because the TV told them so.

I liked Mayo, the last couple of games he had over 12 tackles in each. I was concerned about his size and speed, but at 6'1" 242lbs. and 4.52 there are no longer concerns.

I've been right there with ya
I would love Mayo in the 2nd, but he is climbing up..so I say take him or Lofton at 10

I still say draft the DT or CB @ 10...with all these linebackers Mayo or Lofton will fall to the 2nd....then you can move up to make sure you get them.

Did he play inside at Tennessee?

He played OLB 2 years ago and was moved to MLB last year after the other guy graduated. He exceled at both positions but was a monster at MLB.

I'm right there with you, BoNcHiE. I'd love to get this guy in the 2nd round, but he may have just run his way to a late first pick.

if i remember correctly he was around 15-20 tackles in the LSU game.. thats the only time i watched him but he was ALWAYS on the ball

sec linebackes

absolutely take this guy in the second if hes around. definitely over lofton. who were the last two middle linebackers to tear up the sec in tackles? oh yeah, demeco ryans and patrick willis and i think theyre both doing fine in the nfl.

absolutely take this guy in the second if hes around. definitely over lofton. who were the last two middle linebackers to tear up the sec in tackles? oh yeah, demeco ryans and patrick willis and i think theyre both doing fine in the nfl.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/curtis-lofton?id=774

Compares To: DeMECO RYANS-Houston...Like Ryans, Lofton might be a better fit at middle linebacker, where he can feed off his defensive tackles. While he was effective at Oklahoma isolated on the edge over the head of an offensive tackle, the strong-side spot might be his second-best position. He is a smart, instinctive player with quick feet to close, but he is a violent tackler who might get a bit reckless in his pursuit. He is a quick read-and-react type who appears to have the vision and timing to make the interception. With the success that the undersized Ryans had the last two years, teams that view Lofton as a similar player in size and ability won't let him slide on draft day.

The saints are between a rock and a hard place -- IMO we cannot risk waiting for the second to land one of the better LBs. Seems like we have a better shot at landing a quality corner in the 2nd. But all are a little risky for the number 10 -- maybe trade down a few picks and still get one --

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom