LB Jerod Mayo [Tennessee] (1 Viewer)

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/curtis-lofton?id=774

Compares To: DeMECO RYANS-Houston...Like Ryans, Lofton might be a better fit at middle linebacker, where he can feed off his defensive tackles. While he was effective at Oklahoma isolated on the edge over the head of an offensive tackle, the strong-side spot might be his second-best position. He is a smart, instinctive player with quick feet to close, but he is a violent tackler who might get a bit reckless in his pursuit. He is a quick read-and-react type who appears to have the vision and timing to make the interception. With the success that the undersized Ryans had the last two years, teams that view Lofton as a similar player in size and ability won't let him slide on draft day.

Lofton is great also. He, Mayo, and Ryans are all within 3 pounds of each other weight wise. Mayo and Ryans are faster then Lofton, but Curtis is a great tackler. I've love Mayo or Lofton. And I wouldn't care one bit if we took one over the other.

Lofton is great also. He, Mayo, and Ryans are all within 3 pounds of each other weight wise. Mayo and Ryans are faster then Lofton, but Curtis is a great tackler. I've love Mayo or Lofton. And I wouldn't care one bit if we took one over the other.
I would prefer Connor > Lofton > Mayo and would be happy with any of these three. As things are shaping out now, we would likely have to take Connor with our 1st, Lofton will likely go before our 2nd rolls around, but Mayo should be staring us in the face at 41.

Just like to add, the 3 linebackers: Conner, Mayo, and Lofton will *probably* be gone by pick 40. I mean there is a chance Mayo or Lofton would still be there, but thats a big chance.

But think, if these 3 guys creep into the 1st round. What players will creep out? I think the players that may creep out will be corners IMO. If we take a corner in round 1. And then at #40 we see Flowers, Cason, or Taleb starting us in the face then I will puke.

Just like to add, the 3 linebackers: Conner, Mayo, and Lofton will *probably* be gone by pick 40. I mean there is a chance Mayo or Lofton would still be there, but thats a big chance.

But think, if these 3 guys creep into the 1st round. What players will creep out? I think the players that may creep out will be corners IMO. If we take a corner in round 1. And then at #40 we see Flowers, Cason, or Taleb starting us in the face then I will puke.

I would not be surprised if Flowers and Cason are there for our 3rd round pick, and Talib doesn't fit our system as well as McKelvin or Jenkins would. Plus LBs tend to fall in the draft while teams reach for CBs. We will be able to get a good starter at LB at 41, don't worry.

The experts on The NFL Network said Mayo projected better as an OLB. Either way he would be an instant starter.

He can play MLB or WLB, and he would start at either position as our roster stands right now

I would prefer Connor > Lofton > Mayo and would be happy with any of these three. As things are shaping out now, we would likely have to take Connor with our 1st, Lofton will likely go before our 2nd rolls around, but Mayo should be staring us in the face at 41.

I agree with your list and order, however, I think Lofton will be available at 41. :)

Mayo played MIKE and outside in college, but the NFL analysts seem to think that he looks more comfortable on the outside, he doesn't like to get cought up in the middle. may not be a bad pick in 2nd to 3rd round if he lasts that long

Mayo played MIKE and outside in college, but the NFL analysts seem to think that he looks more comfortable on the outside, he doesn't like to get cought up in the middle. may not be a bad pick in 2nd to 3rd round if he lasts that long

What NFL analysts? He won't even begin to make it to the 3rd round. He is likely gone by our pick in the 2nd. He played his best ball as a MLB in college. All these analysists on NFL network are also projecting Lofton and Conner to be OLB's too. What I wanta know is who do they think is an actualy MLB this year?

What NFL analysts? He won't even begin to make it to the 3rd round. He is likely gone by our pick in the 2nd. He played his best ball as a MLB in college. All these analysists on NFL network are also projecting Lofton and Conner to be OLB's too. What I wanta know is who do they think is an actualy MLB this year?

NFL.com projects that Lofton would best be suited to play inside. Where did you hear otherwise?

Im finding others that project him at ILB. I really want to draft a true ILB. I think he is the guy

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom