LB Jonathan Casillas hasn't talked with Saints on a new contract (1 Viewer)

muzzy

Explosive
Reaction score
Not surprising...

In what's becoming a familiar tone this offseason for New Orleans Saints unrestricted free agents, linebacker Jonathan Casillas said late Thursday night he hasn't talked with the team at all about a new contract.

"I haven't had any contact with the Saints this offseason," Casillas said via e-mail. "I would love to stay with New Orleans, it's been my home for the last four years. But I do know how this league works, and I'm excited about free agency and where I could possibly end up."

LB Jonathan Casillas hasn't talked with New Orleans Saints on a new contract | NOLA.com

Yeah, he's not going to be here sadly, but hopefully he lands with another team and has some success.

Good Luck Sir.

The Saints' soon-to-be UFAs include:

Bushrod
Casillas
Daniel
Ellis
Henderson
Humber
Mack
McBride
Robinson
Roby
Shanle

Have there been any reports that the Saints are negotiating with ANY of these guys? I know I haven't seen anything...:idunno:

The Saints' soon-to-be UFAs include:

Bushrod
Casillas
Daniel
Ellis
Henderson
Humber
Mack
McBride
Robinson
Roby
Shanle

Have there been any reports that the Saints are negotiating with ANY of these guys? I know I haven't seen anything...:idunno:

i havent seen anything about any of those guys.

Another former SR.com backup beast that never really panned out.

Good blitzer though.

I mean maybe WILB? But we're likely to keep Vilma and I imagine that's where Hawthorne ends up as well. No real place.

I mean maybe WILB? But we're likely to keep Vilma and I imagine that's where Hawthorne ends up as well. No real place.

Size and coverage ability he fits but as far as instincts hes lacking. With Vilma and Hawthorne there ud probably be relegating him to special teams@that point.

Size and coverage ability he fits but as far as instincts hes lacking. With Vilma and Hawthorne there ud probably be relegating him to special teams@that point.

Yeah I meaning you're talking a 5th ILB, which I doubt we even carry, you're going to go with some UDFA or draft pick on a cheap rookie minimum/near minimum deal that'll at least have the small chance of a higher ceiling.

Its all part of how the cap works. Keeping them here at league minimum really isnt fair to most of them, and paying them more to stay isnt going to fit our cap structure.

I am thankful they played for us, and I wish them luck with what happens next.

The only one on that list that I think we might get back is Roby, maybe Mack too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom