LB Junior Seau rejoins Patriots (1 Viewer)

wamland

Sacrilicious
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"Junior Seau is back with the New England Patriots, coming out of retirement for a third time to sign a contract Tuesday for a 20th season as an NFL linebacker. The signing of the 12-time Pro Bowl player was announced by Versus, the television network on which Seau has a show. The Patriots have not announced the signing, which had been expected, although the team said he had a physical and a workout last week.
"I hope at some point he will be" with the Patriots, club owner Robert Kraft said at the NFL owners meeting in Boston. "He's a unique individual. I'd love to have him part of our team for as long as he wants to."

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/st...TS&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2009-10-13-14-58-24

Old news, but,

"Junior Seau is back with the New England Patriots, coming out of retirement for a third time to sign a contract Tuesday for a 20th season as an NFL linebacker. The signing of the 12-time Pro Bowl player was announced by Versus, the television network on which Seau has a show. The Patriots have not announced the signing, which had been expected, although the team said he had a physical and a workout last week.
"I hope at some point he will be" with the Patriots, club owner Robert Kraft said at the NFL owners meeting in Boston. "He's a unique individual. I'd love to have him part of our team for as long as he wants to."

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/st...TS&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2009-10-13-14-58-24

I heard it earlier today, a curious development.

Seau played with them, then was gone.

He made no secret he was available and wanted to be a Pat again.

The Pats built the D around young LB Jerod Mayo, but he got injured in the first game.

They didn't want Junior then, but now that Mayo had a bad first game back, they want him?

Go figure.

We have to play those guys, or I wouldn't respond.

ddd

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom