Saints LBs that could help Saints... (1 Viewer)

That Skalski kid was playing lights out in the championship game. Clemson's defense wasn't the same without him.
It was like night and day when he went out. He was the one harassing Burrow up the gut on blitzes in the first quarter. Too bad he laid out Jefferson with a targeting foul because the DC's kid wasn't close to as good as he is.

The niners will have to start thinking about what players to keep on that defense. Certainly they will need to invest a lot on that defensive line.

But talking about linebackers, I wonder if they will release or trade Kwon Alexander. He got injured and was perfectly replaced by a cheaper Fred Warner.

Alexander will be a perfect addition for a linebacker group.

What about Jamie Collins? He was on a 1 year deal with New England and got back on track this year. He still has some speed.

Isaiah Simmons would be a game-changing addition to the Saints defense. This kid is an absolute freak! He can man-up on TEs w/out question, he’s a fierce tackler, solid blitzer, great motor, great teammate.... etc.... He’s the total package. A hybrid SS/LB, Simmons is the type of versatile chess-piece that will take a defense to another level. He’s likely a top 10 pick, but he’s the only defensive player in this draft I’d be happy to see the Saints move up for.

Simmons might be gone before we draft in the 1st round. In later rounds, I do like Queen, Phillips, and possibly Divinity (if he can keep his nose clean)

Simmons paired with D. Davis would be sick.

Isaiah Simmons would be a game-changing addition to the Saints defense. This kid is an absolute freak! He can man-up on TEs w/out question, he’s a fierce tackler, solid blitzer, great motor, great teammate.... etc.... He’s the total package. A hybrid SS/LB, Simmons is the type of versatile chess-piece that will take a defense to another level. He’s likely a top 10 pick, but he’s the only defensive player in this draft I’d be happy to see the Saints move up for.

Only knock on Simmons is that he struggles in zone coverage. Likley because his instincts send him flying to the ball (or where his instincts tell him the ball is going to go) and gets pulled out of his assigned geography. This was Kenny Vaccaro's issue as well.

I would think that would be teachable if a young player had the right coaching early on.

I seriously can't see LB being a priority position for us in the first round. Maybe if players we like are gone, and he's the highest graded player on our board that's still available, it could happen. But that's a lot of "ifs".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom