LC's power rankings - week 3 (1 Viewer)

How do wins against Idaho State and Tulsa suddenly put Oklahoma back in the top 5?

How do wins against Idaho State and Tulsa suddenly put Oklahoma back in the top 5?

Well, I had them at 10 after the BYU loss. Combine that with the fact that three teams above them lost, the fact that the new QB looks very good now that he's prepared to be the guy, and the fact that the OLine appears to be coming together a bit, and you've got a top 5 type team. I feel confident that OU will be in the top 10 or so by end of year. Just not at Texas' expense :9:

If you read my reasoning in the original post, I explained my reasoning pretty thoroughly.

In terms of quality wins so far, LSU is ranked too low LC. They arguably have the most quality win so far amongst the top 15-20. USC had a good win At Ohio State.
Miami probably has the best 3-0 schedule-wise.

Miami is a team that could very well run the table.

I like Cal as well, but I have a hard time thinking they are going to complete Pac 10 play unscathed.

Dang, I forgot about that Miami-OU game. I hope that thing is HUGE

Well, I had them at 10 after the BYU loss. Combine that with the fact that three teams above them lost, the fact that the new QB looks very good now that he's prepared to be the guy, and the fact that the OLine appears to be coming together a bit, and you've got a top 5 type team. I feel confident that OU will be in the top 10 or so by end of year. Just not at Texas' expense :9:

If you read my reasoning in the original post, I explained my reasoning pretty thoroughly.

Miami has no business not being above them. I'd say Ole Miss and Boise state Should be to. Perhaps even FSU. LSU at 3-0 Is at least concievable as well.

If my power rankings are anywhere approaching the terribleness of your body of work on the college board, then I'm going to go commit Hari Kari out of shame and embarassment.

ok. i shouldn't have called your power rankings terrible, because they are your opinions. my biggest problem with your rankings is 5-8. do you really believe ole miss cant beat your 5-8 and ohio state should be that low

Hello Cotton Bowl? You're saying you believe that Texas will finish 4th in the Big XII?

They loose to Oklahoma then there at best the #3 in the BIG 12..... if thats the case who wouldnt want to play in the Cotton Bowl..... its gonna be the best stadium to play in with exception of the BCS title game.....

Looking at the schedules of the teams listed in the OP, I think we might have two or three teams with no losses and a whole bunch with two or more.

Tebow is college footbawl Jebus, but the defense is what's going to carry this team to a third crystal football. Texas will likely finish undefeated, but I never put it past Mack Brown to do something stupid and lose to A&M or worse, Nebraska in the BigXII CG. Alabama only has two ranked teams left on their schedule, buy they'll lose to UF again in the SEC CG. SC will lose at least one more game. Cal could finish undefeated, but it's likely that they'll fall to one of the faceless Pac10 teams. (They finish the year with Washington, BTW.) OU will lose at least one more, but will likely lose at least two more as they have drawn a pretty tough schedule this year facing five more ranked teams before year-end. Boise will probably finish the year undefeated (watch out for LaTech in Ruston), but no-one is going to give the WAC anything more than the last spot in the odd BCS Bowl game. Miami has VaTech, OU and UNC left to play and could very well be looking at two more losses. Ole Miss has three big games left in Alabama, LSU and Auburn, but I don't think that Arkansas or Tennessee will really be easy. If they make it through that schedule with no more than one loss, they'll get the privilege of losing to UF in the SEC CG. tOSU will drop one to either Penn State or UM. FSU will lose at least one more. VaTech is a team that I like to move up quick. I think they stand a really good shot at getting past Miami. After that, it's a pretty easy schedule among the top ranked teams. The toughest game left is UNC at home. Penn State will end up beating tOSU and then losing to Indiana the next week. Either that or they finish undefeated, but get snubbed. LSU finishes with a couple losses, but ugly wins over Alabama and Auburn give Tiger fans reason to optimistic.

I'm thinking UF vs. UT if Mack Brown will save his annual choke-job for the BCS CG. Boise finishes undefeated. Penn State beats Cal in the Rose Bowl.

Sorry, not sure where the hell all that came from or how it's pertinent to this thread. I just started typing and reading and after all that work, I'm not deleting it.

Well, I had them at 10 after the BYU loss. Combine that with the fact that three teams above them lost, the fact that the new QB looks very good now that he's prepared to be the guy, and the fact that the OLine appears to be coming together a bit, and you've got a top 5 type team.

My power rankings, unlike the polls, have no bias as far as "punishing teams" for losses.

:9:

:shrug:

If you're implying that I contradicted myself, I don't see how.

You said you don't punish teams for losses, but then used the fact 3 teams above OU lost to move them up. It wasn't your only reason for it, but the fact you even factored it in is a contradiction to the original statement.

You said you don't punish teams for losses, but then used the fact 3 teams above OU lost to move them up. It wasn't your only reason for it, but the fact you even factored it in is a contradiction to the original statement.

Not at all. There was a prior good discussion on another thread about how far USC should move down. The question was, "do you punish them for losing to an unranked team and move them way down, or do you put them where you think they belong as far as who is the better team".

I'm not "punishing" anyone by moving them down after a loss. The three teams that lots (USC, BYU, and Oklahoma State) showed glaring weaknesses that were not exposed before, giving us a better picture of where they really stand, thus, the move down.

You're reaching. Keep digging.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom