LdT MRI results (if anyone cares) (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the news.....I wish he was 100 percent. The guy is a warrior, but this might keep him from playing very much.

I dont think it matters but turner is a very capable backup. I dont know who rivers backup is.

Hyper-extended knee. I'm sure he'll give it a go but most likely be hobbled. No word on Rivers yet, which may not be good for the Chargers.

I actually think Volek may be better in this situation. Other than playing time he is not a big drop off from Rivers at this point in their respective careers.

Sad to hear it. It is a tough game but I never want any players to get hurt.

Guess we get to see what the backups can do. They might even surprise someone. I thought that the backups did ok last night.

Didnt Volek light it up in Tennesse for a couple of years before they drafted Vince Young? there was talk of him being a starter somewhere-why he signed with SD i dont know....

I think this adds some intrigue to the AFCCG. The Chargers' defense has to really step up their game now, and Michael Turner has his chance to be the starting back, if only for this one game. I think he is capable of having success against the Patriots. Furthermore, Billy Volek, much like AJ Feely in Philly, is an unknown this season, which means there's not much to study on him.

I think the opening line on this game has the Pats at 14.5 point favorites. I think it'll be a little closer than that. Trust me, I was 3-1 with my picks over the weekend. :hihi:

Horrible offensive teams can hang & play with the Patriots - Eagles backup (threw 4 ints'), Ravens, etc. I have no doubt that Volek and Turner will be fine if needed. The game isn't about hanging 40 points on the board.

The defense is the key. If anybody can keep this team under 20 points it will be a win....and a miracle.

They have to get to the Pats early and often if they want a chance. Ask the Steelers and Jags how they fared in the second halves of their games.

The Jags lost for the following reasons:

• Little to no pressure on Brady. As great as the NE O-line is, the Jags rarely tried to pressure him. I attribute this to the fact that they know their secondary is weak, so they had to drop guys back in coverage almost constantly.
  • Northcutt should be cutt-cutt. A good receiver catches that TD pass that went through his hands. A good receiver catches that sideline pass (I think to convert a 3rd). He is one of those guys that was always fast, and that's it. Go run some track.
  • Overall playoff experience and the fact that the Patriots are just a better football team.

The Jags lost for the following reasons:

• Little to no pressure on Brady. As great as the NE O-line is, the Jags rarely tried to pressure him. I attribute this to the fact that they know their secondary is weak, so they had to drop guys back in coverage almost constantly.
  • Northcutt should be cutt-cutt. A good receiver catches that TD pass that went through his hands. A good receiver catches that sideline pass (I think to convert a 3rd). He is one of those guys that was always fast, and that's it. Go run some track.
  • Overall playoff experience and the fact that the Patriots are just a better football team.

The last reason was the only one that matters. The point was that the Jags scored 6 second half points and were held to their lowest output in 11 weeks. The Steelers scored 0 second half points.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom