League close to no salary cap in 2011 (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Just saw on the espn ticker that Jerry Jones told reporters that the league is close to opting out of the contract with The NFL labor union which will result in the end of the salary cap in 2011.

Not like it matters to the Saints because we always have a cap but watch the Skins start spending like crazy(again).

How could this benefit the league? I'm sure the players union would support it though.

i personally think there should be Position Caps, more than Team caps....

like this position can make this much......then add in insentive's that can allow higher pay for increased performance....

JMHO..

u wanna get paid? u gotta work for it... just like in real life...

This would be horrible for the game.

We would then see the Yankees of the NFL.

It would be, who spends the most, gets the most. Lower income teams would be driven out, like the Toronto Blue Jays.

With no salary cap, and bad income like say, the Arizona Cardinals, how long till that team moves or dissolves?

Don't like this at all. Learn from Baseball's mistake.

surprise surprise surprise. jerry jones says no cap. and in other news rosie o donnel says her doctor recommends that she open an all you can eat coockie store.

God I hope this doesnt happen, I hate baseball for that very reason. That and I find it boring

The small market owners know the consquences of no salary cap. The owners don't like the current deal, so I guess they want to better CBA deal. They'll have a salary cap in the future.

what they need is a rookie draft class cap. it has to be regulated these 1st round draft picks are asking for massive amounts of money. it has to be regulated before its too late.

Hell just quit and name the Skins SB champs until the cap comes back..

Don't like this at all. Learn from Baseball's mistake.

I am very against the NFL dropping the cap, but baseball is fine without it. A lot of baseball fans will tell you the same thing.

For all the wailing of inequality of payrolls the last 4 teams last year were the Red Sox (big market) and 3 small market teams: Diamondbacks, Indians, and Rockies. The Yankees have had the highest payroll for years now, and it hasn't earned them a ring since 2000. In short, Salary cap in football=good. Salary cap in Baseball=unnecessary.

this could get very ugly for the smaller markets....we may be down to 26 teams by 2020

Just saw on the espn ticker that Jerry Jones told reporters that the league is close to opting out of the contract with The NFL labor union which will result in the end of the salary cap in 2011.

Not like it matters to the Saints because we always have a cap but watch the Skins start spending like crazy(again).

This is a really bad idea. It will kill any chance at having parity. The Cowboys and Redskins will just buy their way to championships. I think it does matter to the Saints, considering we are a small market team and will not be able to keep up with the larger markets.

God to see the Cowboys and Redskins tear up the free agent market, and still not get anywhere in the playoffs ever year would make football unwatchable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom