News League News (Signings, tags and more) (2 Viewers)

Do you guys realize that we won't have any football for nearly 3 months? No rookie mini camp, OTAs, or mini camp. It was bad waiting nearly 2 months for the draft after the start of free agency to have any excitement.

Such is life, we have our health.

I’d like to see the Saints sign another Free-Agent RB to compete for the 3rd spot with Washington and Jones Jr. Preferably a guy that can catch and has speed

I’d like to see the Saints sign another Free-Agent RB to compete for the 3rd spot with Washington and Jones Jr. Preferably a guy that can catch and has speed
I agree. That feels like the one position we are one light at for training camp. Kamara, Murray, Washington, Mizzell, and Jones makes only five. We always have at least six.

I agree. That feels like the one position we are one light at for training camp. Kamara, Murray, Washington, Mizzell, and Jones makes only five. We always have at least six.

They list Mizzell at WR, even though I know he plays some RB.

A player Is like to see get a shot is former Broncos RB Devontae Booker. Things really didn’t work out in Denver, but he’s a talented and versatile RB.

They list Mizzell at WR, even though I know he plays some RB.

A player Is like to see get a shot is former Broncos RB Devontae Booker. Things really didn’t work out in Denver, but he’s a talented and versatile RB.

He is wearing a RB number (44)

Yup. They listed him at WR all last season. They also never fixed Mitchell Loreen even after they said he had moved to TE and he was photographed wearing 88.

“Smoke” has been a RB since entering the NFL, and he was primarily used as a RB in college too. However, he’s only around 185-190lbs, and at 5’10.. he’s not really “built” for a RB. The Saints have listed him as a WR since he joined the team. He’s got some sizzle to his game, but I don’t think he’s much more than a practice squad guy moving forward.

I’m really surprised the Saints only added 1 UDFA at RB this offseason thus far... They did sign Dwayne Washington back, but I’m not a believer in him as anything more than a STer.
I’m expecting another name or two added to the RB group before TC. For anyone to win the 3rd spot over Washington though, they’ll have to earn it on STs.

The Browns currently carry 2 reserve RBs that are both excellent special teams players (Dontrell Hilliard and D’Ernest Johnson). They likely won’t keep both of them, with Chubb and Kareem Hunt as the lead dogs.. and newly acquired FB Andy Janovich.
They also signed one of my favorite UDFAs last weekend in former UGA RB Brian Herrien. Herrien is a complete unknown at the NFL level, but he checks all of the boxes for a guy that could make a career out of being a reserve RB and core STer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom