News League News (Signings, tags and more) (1 Viewer)

Devonta Freeman is a punk. He has very little value and the only way a team signs him is if they endure multiple injuries and he accepts the reality that he is barely worth the vet minimum.

I saw a report from a few days ago that said something along the lines of Freeman would be willing to sit out next season if he doesn’t get “the right offer”...

I read that and immediately thought... “Freeman is already hanging on by the skin of his teeth.. if he sits out a season, he’s done.”

Have a feeling Griffen will end up being a nice 1 year bargain signing for someone.

You have to wonder if his psych issues are a concern.

I'm thinking more of the ideas that he hasn't signed are because:

1. If he waits until after June 1, more money could be offered by teams due to June 1st cuts, opening up more cap space for the teams who are interested in him. If the Saints want Griffen, they should cut Edwards JR (a DE for a DE). Additionally, cut your 5th CB in P-Rob (since he's behind Marshon, JackRabbit, CJGJ, and PJ)....These two moves will create a total of 5-6M in cap space for the Saints. Furthermore, add that on to the additional 5-6M the Saints already have post-signing their rookies. The Saints will then have a total of 10-11M in cap space. Sign Griffen to 1 year deal for 8-9M.

2. I'm willing to bet that teams are calling him currently, but would like to see him physically, therefore, they are waiting until he can actually go on visits when this pandemic slows down.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom