News League News (Signings, tags and more) (2 Viewers)

At this point in hoping Saints sign someone else soon. Something new to talk about would be so needed right now

Cook needs to put the skins on the wall if he wants McCaffery's contract. He has not come close. He also has missed 19 of 48 regular season games while McCaffery has not missed a game.

Oh so he doesn't want 16 mill a year, just 13. Lol that's still an absurd number for a RB. And we're talking about a RB who has missed a lot of time. The Chargers weren't willing to pay a far more accomplished Melvin Gordon last year so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Oh so he doesn't want 16 mill a year, just 13. Lol that's still an absurd number for a RB. And we're talking about a RB who has missed a lot of time. The Chargers weren't willing to pay a far more accomplished Melvin Gordon last year so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

The problem is teams like Carolina and Dallas are paying their RB that absurd amount of money, so the market is set for them. Its up to the teams to decide whether to pay their RB that money, but RBs have the right to at least ask. This is the same convo that Kamara will be having with our front office.

The problem is teams like Carolina and Dallas are paying their RB that absurd amount of money, so the market is set for them. Its up to the teams to decide whether to pay their RB that money, but RBs have the right to at least ask. This is the same convo that Kamara will be having with our front office.

not looking forward to the convos with Kamara, Ram, and Lattimore.

Yeah I understand that the market is set but it seems like teams would've learned their lesson by now. How many of these RB mega deals have worked out? The Rams set the market with Todd Gurley and now Todd Gurley plays for the falcons and he has one functional knee. The Cardinals gave David Johnson a ton of money and he hasn't reached 1,000 yards since. The Jets gave Le'Veon Bell a huge deal and they're still the Jets.

Zeke and CMC are the two guys that you look at and say I guess they're worth 16 a year but the Cowboys were 8-8 last year and the Panthers were 5-11.

Yeah I understand that the market is set but it seems like teams would've learned their lesson by now. How many of these RB mega deals have worked out? The Rams set the market with Todd Gurley and now Todd Gurley plays for the falcons and he has one functional knee. The Cardinals gave David Johnson a ton of money and he hasn't reached 1,000 yards since. The Jets gave Le'Veon Bell a huge deal and they're still the Jets.

Zeke and CMC are the two guys that you look at and say I guess they're worth 16 a year but the Cowboys were 8-8 last year and the Panthers were 5-11.

This... to me the positional value isn't there for RBs like say, QB, OL, DL, CB. You can replace an elite do-it-all RB with 2 or 3 RB's who's combined skill set is equal to, almost equal to, or possibly even more than equal to what he offers. Add to that, RB's have to get a lot of touches to put together numbers that have them considered elite. Unlike WRs that normally get hit by CBs and Safeties, RBs are get the ball surrounded by 300+ lb monsters, friend and foe. Therefore RBs normally have a short shelf life and a short "prime". For a RB to be considered elite means he's already taken a lot of punishment and has already eaten in to his few prime years. So you could say they're getting their big payday at the beginning of their regression. There are a few exceptions.

Going with a committee approach kind of hedges your bets. If one goes down, you still have RBs and you're not out DE or OL money. I don't know if there's stats to back it up, but I would think being part of a committee would have some added benefits as well such as keeping RBs healthier by sharing the abuse with other backs, which could also prolong their careers and their prime years. Cap wise, I think it would be more difficult for a RB that is part of a committee to put enough stats together to ever be considered elite, therefore keeping them relatively affordable.

That being said... I hope Minny signs Cook to a mega-deal that's just as damaging as the deal they gave Cousins.

Cap wise, I think it would be more difficult for a RB that is part of a committee to put enough stats together to ever be considered elite, therefore keeping them relatively affordable.

I agree with everything you said and this part is interesting when it comes to the AK negotiations. AK has enough touches for everyone to know he is an elite talent but he hasn't had the touches of a Zeke or CMC. He's in a grey area and it's a unique situation.

In his first three seasons before getting his mega deal, Zeke had 1,003 total touches. CMC has had 926 touches including a staggering 403 last season. The past two seasons CMC has had 200+ carries and 100+ receptions. That's an incredible workload. In that same span AK has had 728 total touches. He's never had 200+ rushing attempts but he's had 81 receptions every year. But despite fewer touches he has more TDs than CMC and more than Zeke had after his first three seasons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom