News League News (Signings, tags and more) (2 Viewers)

Yes, other DTs are getting over $20m. It's the market. Jones is a significant piece for their defense.
Who?

Maybe it is the market now. If the cap dives the next few years, I do not see DT being where the market rises significantly.

Who?

Maybe it is the market now. If the cap dives the next few years, I do not see DT being where the market rises significantly.
Donald, Buckner and Jones. I don't recall setting a minimum number that had to qualify.

As for the next few years, we are talking about about now. Right now it's the market.

If the cap is reduced due to revenue lost this year, that will be applied across the league and not confined to certain positions.

Your, or indeed my own, personal assessment of what a DT 'should' make doesn't come into this.

Last edited:
Donald, Buckner and Jones. I don't recall setting a minimum number that had to qualify.

As for the next few years, we are talking about about now. Right now it's the market.

If the cap is reduced sure to revenue lost this year, that will be applied across the league and not confined to certain positions.

Your, or indeed my own, personal assessment of what a DT 'should' make doesn't come into this.
So, I tell you that outside of Donald, the only other DT making $20 million a year was Buckner previously and you come back with other DTs are making over $20 million. Now you confirm that there were only those. Sounds like you are just trying to argue.

So, I tell you that outside of Donald, the only other DT making $20 million a year was Buckner previously and you come back with other DTs are making over $20 million. Now you confirm that there were only those. Sounds like you are just trying to argue.
Well actually, you've got that slightly back to front. I said game changing DTs are being paid over $20m and you then listed who they were. To which I said, well yeah.

I think you're under the impression I claimed it was a longer list, but what I said remains that Aaron Donald is not the only DT worth over $20m, as proven by what the league is willing to pay others.

It's no different to every other time some position breaks a salary barrier, it seems really high, but that's the market. That's all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom