Leary (1 Viewer)

If you go for Leary you will have to over pay for him. The Cowboys are on no need to trade him. They feel they have filled their holes. They have a solid backup at their most important unit. Run game will be the key to their success and Leary now is more valuable then any late puck next year.

I find it interesting that people on this forum think that Leary may not be better than Tim frockin Lelito. How can you do that while keeping a straight face.

Leary would b a significant upgrade to Lelito...even if he knows nothing about the system. He can learn the system. Lelito can't learn to block. That window closed years ago.

PFF may not be the end all be all of football statistics but they are generally right if they say a player is bad. In 2014 Leary graded at out a -7.8 in pass protection making him the 56th rated guard in that area. He is an elite run blocker however. That is consistent with what most fans and analysts say about him. We are a pass heavy team and for our particular needs he is not a good fit. Not only that but he sounds an awful lot like Tim Lelito. Terrible pass blocker but much better in the running game.

Hey the real bullets are about to fly. We have Tim Lelito and the other four starting O'linemen and our coaches expect them to man-up and progress into a solid group. Yes, I concur that it might not be pretty at times, but that was their call (coaches) and all we can do is sit back and hope they know and have seen a lot more promise then us armchair QB's. ... These young guys, all of them, offense, defense and special teams, are our 2016 Saints and we need to jump into the foxhole with them and give them our support! 12'th Man and the Dome I like our chances come Sunday!

I find it interesting that people on this forum think that Leary may not be better than Tim frockin Lelito. How can you do that while keeping a straight face.

Leary would b a significant upgrade to Lelito...even if he knows nothing about the system. He can learn the system. Lelito can't learn to block. That window closed years ago.

You would waste a 2nd round pick to get him? He may be better than Lelito but neither of them are zone blocking guards and Jerry Jones had made it quite clear he won't take anything less than a 2nd for him

I disagree about Leary being the same type of player as lelito.

based on what?

Leary
6 feet, 3 inches
320 pounds
Age 27
PFF overall for 2015: 72.2

Lelito
6 feet, 4 inches
315 pounds
Age 27
PFF overall for 2015: 72.1

They're basically the exact same player. Same size, same age, same ability. Run block yay! Pass block, no bueno. I don't understand why we're supposed to trade for Leary when we already have the exact same player on the roster.

based on what?

Leary
6 feet, 3 inches
320 pounds
Age 27
PFF overall for 2015: 72.2

Lelito
6 feet, 4 inches
315 pounds
Age 27
PFF overall for 2015: 72.1

They're basically the exact same player. Same size, same age, same ability. Run block yay! Pass block, no bueno. I don't understand why we're supposed to trade for Leary when we already have the exact same player on the roster.

Also both guys are best suited to a man/power blocking scheme which Leary is in. If you put Lelito in that same scheme he should be more effective than he is here in our ZBS.

Hopefully the move to RG will help for Lelito. I do find it suspicious that the Saints only have 7 olinemen, so I think we'll sign someone else.

Turner will get into the starting lineup, sometime this season. It's just a matter of time

For sure. He is a gamer. Dude might not impress on the practice field, but when it comes to game time, he's pretty dang good. Can't wait to see what he can do out there. Imagine if he ends up being as good as he was in college. O-Line might go from weakness to strength.

Will Payton make a bold move and just start turner this week? Or will it take Brees getting roughed up for him to make a change

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom