Leary (1 Viewer)

But you're comfortable trading for a guard that may or may not be better than Tim Lelito, who isn't familiar with the team's system, and who has less that a week to gel with the rest of the position group? Interesting.

But you're comfortable trading for a guard that may or may not be better than Tim Lelito, who isn't familiar with the team's system, and who has less that a week to gel with the rest of the position group? Interesting.

Clearly saints aren't comfortable with lelito if they were after sitton. At this point they should just start turner

Clearly saints aren't comfortable with lelito if they were after sitton. At this point they should just start turner

Sitton is not a normal cut. If they had Nicks and Evans still in their prime, they probably still would have at least called his agent to kick the tires. The guy is a three time All Pro.

Be weary of Leary.

Plus, he's already on the team. We just spell his name Lelito.

I see the Turner situation playing out like Brown/Armstead

Agree. I feel like it's just the little things with him because he was clearly the best RG out there. Also the fact that we kept him when he offers almost no versatility is a really positive sign.

Leary is the exact same player as Lelito. Same age, same size, same strengths and weaknesses. People won't stop whining about how terrible Lelito supposedly is, but you want to trade for another one just like him?

We need players now to contribute, Drew can only take so many hits. This is so frustrating,we have this million dollar QB, with a low budget OL to protect him.

Landon Turner will end up being a starter for us. He may need just a little more time to refine technique, which in my opinion will only come with playing. So coaches teach him techniques you think he may be lacking. Then play him. We don't know how he will do with NFL defensive starters until he is in the fire of play. I think Landon Turner has shown the strength needed, the power of run game mauler. So if he is that player. play him to get game experience. If not, Front Office, you need to find that OL starter and get him on the SAINTS team Now.

Should saints trade for Leary now? Not comfortable with this starting oline going into first game

l would not trade for Leary, but if they can get Brees' deal done then they should trade for a top Guard. I would trade a 2nd for a top rated guard in a heart beat as long as we had the cap space for it.

Turner will beat out lelito at some point. I disagree about Leary being the same type of player as lelito. Still would love to get sitton though

I find it interesting that people on this forum think that Leary may not be better than Tim frockin Lelito. How can you do that while keeping a straight face.

Leary would b a significant upgrade to Lelito...even if he knows nothing about the system. He can learn the system. Lelito can't learn to block. That window closed years ago.

The issue I have is that our back up tackle is our starting left guard (Peat). We need a swing player unless Kelemete isn't still hurt? If Terron can't go the full game then Peat slides to LT and in comes Landon Turner to LG.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom