Least Favorite Foods? (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I had posted one on liquor a few years ago

This one is about the foods that make you gag

For this thread let keep either to whole ingredients, something you can buy at a store or order from a restaurant

I hate tuna = acceptable

I hate Bumblebee canned tuna = acceptable

I hate the grilled tuna steak from Applebee's = acceptable

I hate my Aunt Helen's nasty tuna casserole = not acceptable

For me my number one with a bullet is

PEAS

I can deal with them if they are in a casserole or salad (if there aren't too many) but just a side of peas by themselves are a no go

In college I was having dinner at a girl's house and they served peas, I politely declined saying "I don't like peas", her whole family took offense and was told something along the lines of "I'll have you know that my grandmother won the blue ribbon at the county fair every year from 1952-1964 with this recipe"

They wore me down and finally 'I said alright! I'll have some', and I had some, and oh my god, it was of the nastiest things I've ever had in my mouth. I just had the one spoonful and the evening went downhill from there

Here are some of my others:

STRAWBERRY QUIK

This one is ironic because I BEGGED my mother for this for months (we were an Ovaltine family) My mom gave in and I was so excited. That was probably the first time I experienced the old saying, "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it"

I hated it and was crushed, was doubly crushed when my mom wouldn't let me go back to Ovaltine until the Quik was gone.

I haven't had any strawberry quik since then (over 30 years ago) and I still remember exactly what it tastes like

LIVER

I hated liver as kid (is there any kid who likes it?) We would have it every few months for a few years growing up and mercifully it just went away. haven't had it since grade school

Just last year for some insane reason I ordered it at a restaurant (actually the reason was thinking that I'm mature now with a more refined palate there are some things I hated as a kid that I love now, grapefruit and broccoli chief among them, and I thought maybe now I'll like liver) Nope, like the quik it tasted exactly the way I remembered. And unlike being a kid where I was forced to eat dishes I didn't like, I sent that crap right back to the kitchen and ordered something else (weird thing is I do like pate)

MALT

I mentioned we were an Ovaltine family. specifically Chocolate flavor. I hate malt, and whoppers were my least favorite candy and would be immediately traded away when I got them on Halloween

CORN DOGS

This one is because of association more than the taste of them. one summer when I was a kid there was a massive sale on them, like 10 for a dollar, I had them everyday for lunch that summer. so now I don't care for them. When we go to fairs or carnivals my girlfriend usually gets one and I'll have a bite or two and it tastes fine but I one get one for myself

RYE

I just hate rye bread

I'm sure I'll have plenty more when I have time to think more on it

Last edited:
Mayo is tops of my list.

Salmon - smoked, grilled, baked, doesn't matter.

Liver.

My dad is a fan. I. Am. Not.

If you wrap chicken liver in bacon, I'll give it a shot, but pretty much always regret it.

And you're wrong about everything else. ;) corn dogs are great. Rye Bread is one of my favorites. Malts.. Ok, I'll give you malt, but I think it's middle of the road.

Tomatoes, liver, sushi

I will not eat:
Okra= Sliced shotgun shells (buckshot) and glue.
Anchovies or anything that is real "FISHY" tasting (Sashimi or Sushi).
Any kind of brains or stomach, intestines.
But I will eat Calves liver (no onions). Growing up Liver was something we had on a regular bases. I am not a picky eater, I guess I have been lucky to not have been "forced" to eat anything I don't want.

Corned Beef

Miracle Whip

any mayo NOT Blue Plate.

Spam

Spinach that is steamed into a heaping pile of idk what ( unless smothered in pork chop sauce )

White Gravy

carbonated water of any sort ( Perrier tops the list )

Licorice, butterscotch & root beer candies.

Raw coconut of any kind. Raisins baked into anything.

Any thick cut/steak fish.

Mayo.

Should have closed this thread after the OP. While there are various things I like/dislike, there is nothing so disgusting as peas. They should be eradicated. They are vile. Don't put them in things, don't serve them on their own, don't wreck a perfectly good holiday dinner by bringing them in the house.

Disgusting, vile, legumes. Bleccchhh

STRAWBERRY QUIK

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p26ORXYBFxw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This one is ironic because I BEGGED my mother for this for months (we were an Ovaltine family) My mom gave in and I was so excited. That was probably the first time I experienced the old saying, "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it"

I hated it and was crushed, was doubly crushed when my mom wouldn't let me go back to Ovaltine until the Quik was gone.

I haven't had any strawberry quik since then (over 30 years ago) and I still remember exactly what it tastes like

This story is exactly the same as mine, except we were a Hersey syrup family. Everytime I see Strawberry in the store I still get queezy.

I will not eat:
Okra= Sliced shotgun shells (buckshot) and glue.
Anchovies or anything that is real "FISHY" tasting (Sashimi or Sushi).
Any kind of brains or stomach, intestines.

Not a fan of Okra or fresh tomatoes because of slimy seeds.

My biggest no no is "FISHY" tasting food, it really makes me gag. However, for the record, Sashimi or Sushi should be fresh and high quality enough to not taste bad. It's actually one of my favorite things

I pretty much eat everything else... except ketchup, that's just nasty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom