Least Favorite Thanksgiving Dish? (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What Thanksgiving dish makes an appearance on the dinner table every year that you are not thankful to see?

And you either pass it by completely or take a small ceremonial "be polite" spoonful to choke down?

My bypass dishes don't really count because I wouldn't eat them any time of year and I've only seen them once when I was a guest at someone else's Thangiving and never appeared on our table

And those dishes are beets or peas - either one is a hard pass for me, when I was a kid I would have also added sauerkraut but I've learned to like it

Of the dishes I will try and seems to be a Thanksgiving staple for most families - Green Bean Casserole

I'll get a little tiny bit on Thanksgiving but won't touch the leftovers of it

I've never cared for it, I've had it made by several different people - just don't like it

Whatever that brussels sprout thingie my daughter's mother-in-law is bringing.

I love Thanksgiving food. Not sure there is a dish I don't like, but generally, I prefer fresher dishes to casseroles. Some people go crazy on the carb dishes: mashed potatoes, green been casserole, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, dressing, and mac and cheese. All that together is just too much. For me, I just like either a stuffing or a dressing and then grilled corn, baked sweet potatoes and roasted root vegetables.

A family member once made a pineapple hash brown casserole.

Yea.

I skip mashed potatoes because I believe a Thanksgiving meal should consist of foods I won't eat throughout the year. Mashed potatoes don't fit that description.

I skip mashed potatoes because I believe a Thanksgiving meal should consist of foods I won't eat throughout the year. Mashed potatoes don't fit that description.
mashed potatoes, gravy, and rolls. best sammiches ever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom