Leave it to both Zion and Ball choking (1 Viewer)

GrandAdmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.grandadmiral.net
Zion has multiple turnovers down the stretch with us ahead. If you are the leader of the team you CANNOT do that.

Then, down by three Lonzo ball leaves the open 3-pt shooter to chase someone driving the lane for two. Welcome to overtime.

Just dumb. Come on guys.

Zion has multiple turnovers down the stretch with us ahead. If you are the leader of the team you CANNOT do that.

Then, down by three Lonzo ball leaves the open 3-pt shooter to chase someone driving the lane for two. Welcome to overtime.

Just dumb. Come on guys.
I gotta put at least some of it on coaching. I was by no means a Gentry fan but man to my uneducated eyes Van Gundy is just as bad if not worse. They are hard to watch.

I gotta put at least some of it on coaching. I was by no means a Gentry fan but man to my uneducated eyes Van Gundy is just as bad if not worse. They are hard to watch.
SVG is far from ideal, but I think a lot of our struggles late in games are just due to player mistakes (on stuff that shouldn’t need to be coached).

Lonzo helping off of a guy in the corner to contest a potential layup, while up 3 with only a few seconds left is an error that a 3rd year NBA player shouldn’t have to be instructed about.

And Bledsoe admitted after the game that the team’s plan was specifically to foul Rose towards the end of regulation (while Pels were up 3), but he “wasn’t paying attention.”

Again, that’s on the player for not only making a basketball 101 mistake, but also forgetting what the coaches/game plan specifically called for.

SVG is far from ideal, but I think a lot of our struggles late in games are just due to player mistakes (on stuff that shouldn’t need to be coached).

Lonzo helping off of a guy in the corner to contest a potential layup, while up 3 with only a few seconds left is an error that a 3rd year NBA player shouldn’t have to be instructed about.

And Bledsoe admitted after the game that the team’s plan was specifically to foul Rose towards the end of regulation (while Pels were up 3), but he “wasn’t paying attention.”

Again, that’s on the player for not only making a basketball 101 mistake, but also forgetting what the coaches/game plan specifically called for.
Agreed

Someone needs to give Zion some stick-um down the stretch because he got butterfingers when it mattered most. He lost at least three possessions down the stretch.

Zion probably a little too caught up in the spotlight of playing in New York. Did yall see his post-game comments? Almost seems like we'll have another superstar looking to depart after his rookie contract is done.

Zion probably a little too caught up in the spotlight of playing in New York. Did yall see his post-game comments? Almost seems like we'll have another superstar looking to depart after his rookie contract is done.

At this point I don't care. You can't make those type of mistakes. His fumbles because he was in MSG cost us the game (along with Ball).

which should have him released/traded.

I cant stand him.

which should have him released/traded.

I cant stand him.
Preaching to the choir. With the guarantees in his contract going way down year after next, hopefully he gets some trade value next season as an expiring contract.

I hated that NAW got injured. It obviously isn't ideal for his development, but I mostly hated it because it meant that Bledsoe would have to stay in the lineup.

Zion just turned it over yet again with chance to tie.

We need some vets to step up and teach these young players losing like this is simply not acceptable.

Just dumb. Come on guys.
It's easy to get carried away with how good Zion is but he's only 20.

TWENTY.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom