Leave it to Jeff Duncan and Pat Y at ESPN to depend on OLD stats (1 Viewer)

Professor

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Jeff Duncan has done it again. Apparently, he's written that the Saints - Falcons opener may not be good for the Saints because the Saints are 0-6 all time in season openers against the Falcons with an average score of 35 - 13. And Pat Y has passed it along as iif it's a significant stat or something.

Leave it to them to depend on ancient history when the Saints stunk year after year and wouldn't have beaten ANYONE in the season opener to come up with a "negative" stat and outlook.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/47072/around-the-nfc-south-490

Tell that to the fans talking about all their "feelings" during the season. Past results have no bearing on future outcomes.

If anything, this stat anomaly just means that we're due.

When was the last time we opened against the Falcons?

Thank God Jeff Duncan is no longer the primary Saints columnist.

No team ever lost to the Buccaneers in the same season that they won the Superbowl

Did you actually read the T-P article or just what Pat Y summarized? The Saints weren't written off.

The Ugly: It's been 27 years since the Saints opened the season against their archrivals, the Atlanta Falcons. The last time they did so was 1986 and it wasn't pretty. Atlanta whipped the Saints 31-10 at the Superdome. In fact, the Saints have never beaten the Falcons in a season opener. They are 0-6 against them and have been outscored by an average score of 35-13 in those games. They are 0-5 in season openers against the Falcons at the Superdome. Rest assured, those numbers will be recited a few times by Sean Payton before Sept. 8.

He's basically saying Sean will make sure the Team is aware of it and won't let it happen. Creating a crisis that doesn't even exist.

No team ever went 0-3 to finish the regular season and went on to win the Super Bowl

HAHAHAHAHAHA I haven't thought about that 'stat' since 2009 but thank you for reminding me of it! That post should've ended the thread right there. Suffice it to say there are far too many variables in every NFL game for data which is at least several years old to have any bearing on individual games.

Did you actually read the T-P article or just what Pat Y summarized? The Saints weren't written off.

He's basically saying Sean will make sure the Team is aware of it and won't let it happen. Creating a crisis that doesn't even exist.

I got it from the ESPN site. I should have known better than to think he might actually be going for any accuracy. My bad there, but it had stopped pouring rain during a tornado warning and I had a chance to dash to my car and get home, so I didn't take the time to do anything else.

Who cares Andy Reid had a oerfect record playing on the week after the bye week but he lost so records dont mean anything its how you play the game

It also includes a 62-7 loss in the early 70s, I know because I was at the game and waited until Danny A extended his catching streak to leave.

Idiot (Jeff Duncan)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom