Leave the Seals alone! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I don’t think I would touch one, but why would they know this. I hadn’t even heard of a monk seal until about 2 minutes ago, let alone know not to touch one. I mean they deserve the fine if that’s the penalty, but the death threats and public shaming seems a bit much.

I don’t think I would touch one, but why would they know this. I hadn’t even heard of a monk seal until about 2 minutes ago, let alone know not to touch one. I mean they deserve the fine if that’s the penalty, but the death threats and public shaming seems a bit much.
PETA people take it pretty seriously. Signs were posted warning you about this offense. How about don’t put it on social media If you are going to do it?

i didnt see no signs.

Not sure how one is supposed to know to view the seals from "50 ft" away.

Bet you dont drive 500 ft behind the dump truck either. Pay ur fine, apologize ( both of which they did ) and move on. Good lawd.

i didnt see no signs.

Not sure how one is supposed to know to view the seals from "50 ft" away.

Bet you dont drive 500 ft behind the dump truck either. Pay ur fine, apologize ( both of which they did ) and move on. Good lawd.
At least they won’t get charged with a felony.

It's a felony to touch or harass a Hawaiian monk seal under state and federal laws, with penalties of up to five years in prison and a $50,000 fine.

One time I was at the Audubon Zoo and some fat guy decked out in Alabama gear was throwing ice at the alligators and yelling "Look, I hit it in the head!" every time he hit one in the head. They made him leave.

This has no direct relation to this story, but it reminded me of it.

I would think it should be general common knowledge to not try to touch wild animals. Although now that I think about it, people seem depressingly unable to resist doing stupid stuff with wild animals.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom