LeBatard & ESPN parting ways (1 Viewer)

The good stuff is Dan’s first hour (the local hour). He has/had more liberties with the Miami crowd.
Also, knowing how diverse and multi-faceted his large audience base is listening into him from Miami and south Florida, they tend to be a lot more open-minded, tolerant and receptive to some of his takes on NFL, MLB, NCAAF, or NBA as well as important socio-political events like Black Lives Matter movement that exploded more into mainstream due to police misconduct, brutality, and systemic racism this summer and over the past 5-6 years gradually. Also, I suspect he can be more himself and not some, silly, forced over-the-top corporate charactiture of himself some viewers nationwide perceive him as.

Sports talk radio is mostly garbage these days. Even local stuff here in the Philly market. You wake up one morning and this guy or that guy is gone without much explanation. One of the more popular drive time hosts here has let his show turn into political crap with occasional sports. I can't listen anymore.

I’m not able to listen to his radio show anymore, but I used to really enjoy/appreciate

podcast - local hour + national hour + skipped commercials

it's how I listen

I hope this means Dan can push all the envelopes even further

Really curious where he (and this whole crew) are gonna end up? Will Gotz actually walk away from taller cash to stay with Dan??
Side note, the shows have been pretty average lately, but today's was really funny with the Smokey Robinson cameo stuff.

To each his own, but I though the LeBatard program was terrible. It's bad when you think Colin Cowherd's show is much better. lol

Last show on ESPN (plus) was today...was a pretty solid last show, I still have yet to hear where he is heading??

As the son of a Cuban immigrant I can honestly say that this got me misty eyed. I know Papi because he is my dad. He left Cuba so that his progeny could have a better life, and we have tried to prove the theory of his sacrifice correct.

Last edited:
Yeah, sadly, it'll just be panels screaming and arguing with one another, and then Greeny vacillating hourly on who he thinks the best teams are in the AFC and NFC.

I will miss the show...just not sure that I'm up to chasing them down via podcasts.
I do admire and respect his integrity and willingness to walk away from $3mil/year because of how ESPN treated him, his staff and his show.

The closing segment to HQ this afternoon was powerful.

It was a good sendoff

I would have liked to hear from the other guest hosts like Dominique, Izzy, Sarah Spain, Mina Kimes etc

Curious what Dan will do next

.....Soon after that day in Miami, Skipper and Le Batard announced Meadowlark, which can be hard to define for even the men who founded it.

Part media company and part production company, it doesn’t plan to hire many employees.

But it does want to make content, mostly about sports, by a group of Le Batard’s friends and collaborators: podcasts, documentaries, scripted shows and more.

Then it wants Skipper to sell that content to the growing list of platforms competing in the new streaming economy.....

ESPN has finally canceled “Highly Questionable,” which continued on after co-creator and host Dan Le Batard left ESPN in January.

The show will morph into a digital series, titled “Debatable,” on Oct. 4. Every weekday, a new 45-60-minute episode will debut exclusively on ESPN’s Twitter, Facebook and YouTube accounts and the ESPN App. It will be the first series that ESPN has launched in that model.

“Debatable” will feature the rotating cast from “Highly Questionable” taking on “the most compelling topics from around the sports world with even greater depth and digression,” ESPN said on Thursday……

They have really found their footing with this show. I love how they breakdown the show into easily streamable segments.

Their new musical was actually pretty solid/funny/catchy...
IF you have listened to the show for awhile, I'd recommend it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom