Left Guard (1 Viewer)

I believe we need an upgrade at LG but I wouldn't want to invest substantial money in that position. Alleman isn't strong enough to be an upgrade and I don't know if Duckworth has the talent (he does have the size). I really think we should experiment with Stinchcomb at LG because I feel Strief needs to become the starting RT. A rookie at LG could be an option as well.

Someone posted some audio with the line coach right after the Bears game and the line coach stated that Alleman wasn't as far along as he would have liked and that Duckworth has some potential and that he is excited to see how he comes back to training camp after a full season of workouts, etc.

By listening to the coach I got the impression that both players were in the same boat but Duckworth was the one pulling the accolades. Duckworth has the size and the ability and just needs to put it together.

If a FA (Faneca) isn't brought in or Nesbit resigned (I hope not) I got the impression that if they had to pick a starter right now that Duckworth would have the inside track replacing Nesbit.

They could move stinchcomb to guard being that he has played guard before and played decently and let strief play RT but I am not the coach.

Duckworth was a road grader in college. That was a great fa pickup in my opinion he was better than his counter part Grubbs.

we need upgrades at all of the positions on our interrior line.

brown and stichcomb are good on the edges, but we get no push from the middle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom