Left tackle (1 Viewer)

i wouldnt' be too shocked for a trade to happen, maybe someone that is a backup tackle

Why not trade down to a the end of the 1st, take the 4th best tackle and pick up a 2nd.

How do you know the 4th best tackle will be there? Could be 5th-7th. I say if we can't get Johnson or Fisher in 1st we take 2 in the later rounds. Maybe even 3 and 4. If we get Nnamdi we are really 1 defensive draft impact away from being a great defense I believe. I think Lewis and Nnamdi allows us to either go Offense in 1st or 2 or 3 times later in the draft. Either way I think we get what we need on both sides and have a great draft. Would love to trade down and get 49ers 31 and 34 and do what you say hopefully a quality LT worth the pick is there. Could get our Pass Rusher and LT almost back to back. Then Matheiu in 3rd. Armstead or Faulk in 4th or 5th maybe even both. Would love 3 young OTs best man gets the LT and other 2 fight for the right.

this is my thinking

It's never been the MO of Loomis/Payton to trade down in the first round; only trade up. We have very limited ammo to trade up and a team has to be willing to trade up to trade down and outside the top 10 this isn't a draft that screams trade up. Plus, taking the "4th best tackle" is simply drafting for need which I'm never a fan of.

Stay true to the board and draft the BPA. If there are two players that grade out the same and one fits a need more, go with that player.

I'm calling it now that Charles Brown will probably be our starting LT for the season opener; I also think we'll sign a vet OT and draft one as well.

Like Brown, Jones picked up where he left off in college....being hurt:

"During his four years at Nebraska, Jones played in 39 games, however various injuries slowed him down and caused him to miss most of the 2010 season. He would continue to be bothered by injuries in 2011......Jones' problems staying healthy is definitely a weakness."

And now Jones is coming off IR, as is Harris after breaking his leg last year.

I'll understand if we go LT in the 1st round. However, picking a O Line player in the 1st is less exciting for me as a fan. I actually, hope we can address this problem in free agency.

Don't think they value left tackle highly enough to pick one at 15 unless it's something ridiculous like Joekel falling in their laps, somehow.

Payton's always just kinda plugged in his left and right tackle and really paid attention to the guards and the center position.

we just have to hope and pray that either dallas thomas or melenik watson are there in the 3rd, or trade down and draft one of them in the second.

SP said LT and pass rush are the 2 things keeping him up at night also he see the LT spit as blank on the depth chart with the issue with Charles Brown being "available"

This looks like we may be seeing 2 new LTs probably an affordable and serviceable free agent and a rookie draft pick.

This is Brees' blind side so we need someone who us at least competent.

That 2nd round pick hurts right now
Damn you Goddell!!!!!

I dont get, Why no one else believes in Charles Brown?!

I believe Sean's sayn if Charles Brown is healthy/available this year he will be our starting LT. And that Marcel Jones or both maybe pushed by the best available LT we may draft/sign.

Why let a young groomed blindside LT like Bushrod go? Unless maybe they already think they have a young cheaper starting LT already on the roster. I refuse to believe they would allow Drews blindside neked for long waitn round on Chuck still being injured.

If the Front office really thought his injuries wouldnt allow C.Brown to be available a move wouldve been made yesterday as they did w/Nicks/Grubbs last year, if depth is a current issue a we'll see a signing or trade per prvs history very soon.

I'm willing to give him a chance but like he said... He hasn't been available. I say bring in the competition. Make him earn it. If he wants it bad enough then the job is his. If someone comes in and beats him out then that's fine also.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom