Legal Recourse (1 Viewer)

whodatlady

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I spend over $21,000 on 3 tickets to see the Saints in the SB. The refs blew the call and have robbed me of that opportunity. My ticket agent from the NFL On Location even texted me that “teams should win a lot of ways but never like that”.

Now I am trying to sell my tickets and will most likely take a $10,000 loss. Does anyone with legal knowledge know if I have any recourse? At the very least the NFL should buy them back from me. I doubt I have any options but to take a huge loss but I thought I would throw this out and see if anyone knew anything or anyone that could help.

When I bought the tickets I knew I was taking a huge risk and was ok with that. The risk was that the Saints could lose and I’d lose money reselling them. My problem is that they did not lose that game. The game was stolen from them by the refs.

I spend over $21,000 on 3 tickets to see the Saints in the SB. The refs blew the call and have robbed me of that opportunity. My ticket agent from the NFL On Location even texted me that “teams should win a lot of ways but never like that”.

Now I am trying to sell my tickets and will most likely take a $10,000 loss. Does anyone with legal knowledge know if I have any recourse? At the very least the NFL should buy them back from me. I doubt I have any options but to take a huge loss but I thought I would throw this out and see if anyone knew anything or anyone that could help.

I believe this angle was discussed a good deal after Bountygate. If I remember, the only thing the NFL warrants is a seat and that's pretty much about all. The quality of play, product, fairness of refs are written out of any ticket guarantee.

And any attorney who would take that case is just looking to sucker you out of more of your hard earned money unless they take it on contingency.

I believe this angle was discussed a good deal after Bountygate. If I remember, the only thing the NFL warrants is a seat and that's pretty much about all. The quality of play, product, fairness of refs are written out of any ticket guarantee.

It was the spy gate thing. The guy was a jets fan who sued to league for the pats spying over ten years influencing games. If I’m not mistaken they came back and essentially said it only garauntees admittance. Furthmore I think they also alluded to the fact that it’s entertainment and likened it to professional wrestling. Sorry you lost a lot of money?. I was actually putting in my check card number to buy a ticket when that happened.

It was the spy gate thing. The guy was a jets fan who sued to league for the pats spying over ten years influencing games. If I’m not mistaken they came back and essentially said it only garauntees admittance. Furthmore I think they also alluded to the fact that it’s entertainment and likened it to professional wrestling. Sorry you lost a lot of money?. I was actually putting in my check card number to buy a ticket when that happened.

Perfect thanks. And the key part which you remembered was that it is classified as entertainment, just like a movie or WWE.

Perfect thanks. And the key part which you remembered was that it is classified as entertainment, just like a movie or WWE.
I’m actuallly surprised this isn’t talked about more. Especially now that gambling is more prevalent and that Caesar’s is an official nfl sponsor. I wonder if the league will ever have to address this and classify themselves as something else.... if their is even a change that can be made.

How could you actually spend 21k $ on tickets with a gamble to see the Saints in the SB?

I mean seriously... you could have played roulette and bet all on black

And although I dont know you... a person able to pay 21.000$ of his/her net income for a single game, shouldnt be hurt by a 10k loss

Seriously there are a lot people working an entire year to earn that much money.
I dont feel sorry

That would be a waste of time - no case unless you could show that it was a fix/conspiracy to get the Rams in the Super Bowl. But you would have to have at least some evidence of It at the beginning.

File a suit for fraud. There will be a lawyer who takes your case on contingency (if only for the publicity). You would have to prove the fraud, and might get to take depositions of referees and other officials. You might not win but who knows what would happen, and maybe they give you hush money.

You buy tickets to watch the Super Bowl
Not a specific team

No court would ever decide your way

How could you actually spend 21k $ on tickets with a gamble to see the Saints in the SB?

I mean seriously... you could have played roulette and bet all on black

And although I dont know you... a person able to pay 21.000$ of his/her net income for a single game, shouldnt be hurt by a 10k loss

Seriously there are a lot people working an entire year to earn that much money.
I dont feel sorry
I am a nurse and spent $7000 for my ticket and my two MD friends spent $14000 for theirs and yes I spent a lot of money for the chance to see the Saints in the SB in ATL of all places. I love my team and for the Saints to go into Atlanta and have the opportunity to win a SB there was worth $7000 of my hard earned money. Honestly if it would have happened it would have been priceless.

That all being said it won't kill me to lose half of what I paid. I work hard for my money but it is just that-money. I can work OT and make more. I just hate losing it in this fashion.

I guess I am really just angry and venting. It's not so much about the money but about the stolen opportunities for the Saints, Drew, fans, and me.

I see your anger
And everyone feels the same way as a Saints fan

Still it was a high risk to buy SB tickets, not knowing who will play

Wish u all the best

Vegas bets the games, so that takes it out of the realm of pure entertainment. It implies integrity. Either the NFL has integrity, or Vegas involvement is highly illegal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom