Leodis McKelvin Cut (1 Viewer)

The question I have is two fold. 1) is he being released due to health or $? And 2) where does he rank compared to our current depth? If it isn't $ or health and he ranks 10+ spots higher than our best backup, bring him in for competition. That's a potential upgrade at what would be a bargain.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

They released him for cap relief. I haven't looked up how he compared to our corners this year.

He's better than some of the guys that played significant snaps at CB for New Orleans last year, so if he's vet-min, go for it.

He's better than some of the guys that played significant snaps at CB for New Orleans last year, so if he's vet-min, go for it.

TBH they wasn't expected to play as much as they did. But if he signs a vet minimum then sure, why not. He could take Webb's place and also be in the return mix.

They released him for cap relief. I haven't looked up how he compared to our corners this year.
If it was for cap relief, I doubt he is going to go for vet minimum. That wouldn't give much relief.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

He'll be 32 when season starts. his vet minimum would be high. A 32 year old corner, after what we suffered though last year, no thanks. He was graded as the no. 71 corner by Pro Football Focus (and every report I've read about him said he "struggled" last year). Why bother kicking these tires.

Sorry, guess I didn't pick up on that in the past 16+ years I've been on the board.

Just saying that not every single player cut deserves its own thread, particularly, bad ones. That said, people are free to post and click on whatever they want - it is just my opinion that this guy isn't newsworthy anymore.

When he came out in the draft, a lot of people had us taking McKelvin at pick #10. The Saints traded up and got Sedrick Ellis instead.

McKelvin was the player we were slotted to take instead of the wasted pick on Ellis.

What is interesting to me about this "non-news" is that if we had stayed at #10, we would have wasted the pick if we had taken McKelvin as well, although McKelvin did last in the league as a bit player longer than Ellis did.

So there was something to learn. It is a good subject for a thread.

Interestingly, the Saints #10 pick that year eventually ended up with the Patriots, who selected Jerod Mayo, an eventual Pro-Bowler.

Take home message: trading up is usually a terrible decision.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom