Leodis Mckelvin (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Just watching the senior bowl practice and this guy has got skills. If he could catch he would be really good. Not sure if he would be worthy of a top ten pick, but i wouldn't mind having him if some of the other top defensive guys were gone.

Just watching the senior bowl practice and this guy has got skills. If he could catch he would be really good. Not sure if he would be worthy of a top ten pick, but i wouldn't mind having him if some of the other top defensive guys were gone.

Yep, that's what I was looking at yesterday. How's he doing at practice today?

Yep, that's what I was looking at yesterday. How's he doing at practice today?

He is all over whoever they put him against. Just can't seem to come away with a pick. Knocking down everything, needs to get two hands on the ball, but he is like a blanket out there from what I have seen. The dt from Maryland (didn't catch his name) has been unblockable as well.

The guys is very underrated and may turn out to be the best in his class but there is no way I would take him at #10.I would trade down and take him at 15-20 if he is our guy. There are 3 corners who will likely be rated ahead of him and will probably go before him. He should be there later in the first. Another guy to watch out for is Cromartie who looks to be the real deal and have a good chance of being there in the second. Reminds me of Young last season.Small school prospect who is showing that he can compete at the senior bowl. If we can land rivers in the first and Cromartie in the second, it would be a great draft.

I agree that he is way to raw to take at 10. I love his physical skills but their is so much more then that to playing CB in the NFL.

If we want him we should trade down, but he will not help the defense this year unless we get incredibly lucky.

If he cannot start right now then there is no way this franchise can pick him at 10. He would have to start and excell.

If he cannot start right now then there is no way this franchise can pick him at 10. He would have to start and excell.

I agree, he would probably be a reach at 10, but with his return skills trade down and get him and I wouldn't be too upset.

The guys is very underrated and may turn out to be the best in his class but there is no way I would take him at #10.I would trade down and take him at 15-20 if he is our guy. There are 3 corners who will likely be rated ahead of him and will probably go before him. He should be there later in the first. Another guy to watch out for is Cromartie who looks to be the real deal and have a good chance of being there in the second. Reminds me of Young last season.Small school prospect who is showing that he can compete at the senior bowl. If we can land rivers in the first and Cromartie in the second, it would be a great draft.

What 3 are going to be rated ahead of him? only one is close, the kid out of south florida. i have him at 1 so far.

All rookie CB's stink. It's just like QB's. That doesn't mean you shouldn't take one though.

What 3 are going to be rated ahead of him? only one is close, the kid out of south florida. i have him at 1 so far.

Well it all depends on the combine...

Cason - His speed is only his concern. If he runs somewhere in the 4.4 he'll be the top 3 easily. if he runs in the low 4.4 or high 4.3, I expect him to be the first corner taken. He is probably the least thrown to CB in this draft. And when they throw at him, he usually makes the play. He is been shutdown corner in college who actually plays against good competition and has always stepped up big on National television.

Jenkins - Jenkins has everything you want from a corner. He could very well be taken before Cason but the quality of his opponents throughout his career is questionable. He may character problems. The reason he's so high on everyone's list is because he's probably the best athlete cb in the draft. His ceiling is endless.

Talib - is a playmaker... best ball skills in the draft. Has been highly trouted throughout his college career and finished his career with a big statement in the bowl game against VT and earning MVP of the game. As much plays as he makes, he also gets burned more than he should for an elite corner.

Mckelvin - Very underrated cover corner. Has the ability to play the PR/KR position. Has not stood out as a returner at the senior bowl thus far. Has very poor ball skills. But his stock is rising fast. Like Jenkins, he has not played a lot of quality opponents. He is showing at the Senior Bowl that he is has the tools to be a great cover corner. Love him but not enough to take him in the top 10. I like him at 15-20.

I have Cason, Jenkins, and Talib ahead of Mckelvin. Unless Cason runs a 4.5 at the combine I can't see Mckelvin ahead of him. Talib is a true playmaker and very good athleticism to go with his size. I would have to take a 6-2 200lb Talib over 5-10 190 CB in Mckelvin right now.

Well it all depends on the combine...

Cason - His speed is only his concern. If he runs somewhere in the 4.4 he'll be the top 3 easily. if he runs in the low 4.4 or high 4.3, I expect him to be the first corner taken. He is probably the least thrown to CB in this draft. And when they throw at him, he usually makes the play. He is been shutdown corner in college who actually plays against good competition and has always stepped up big on National television.

Jenkins - Jenkins has everything you want from a corner. He could very well be taken before Cason but the quality of his opponents throughout his career is questionable. He may character problems. The reason he's so high on everyone's list is because he's probably the best athlete cb in the draft. His ceiling is endless.

Talib - is a playmaker... best ball skills in the draft. Has been highly trouted throughout his college career and finished his career with a big statement in the bowl game against VT and earning MVP of the game. As much plays as he makes, he also gets burned more than he should for an elite corner.

Mckelvin - Very underrated cover corner. Has the ability to play the PR/KR position. Has not stood out as a returner at the senior bowl thus far. Has very poor ball skills. But his stock is rising fast. Like Jenkins, he has not played a lot of quality opponents. He is showing at the Senior Bowl that he is has the tools to be a great cover corner. Love him but not enough to take him in the top 10. I like him at 15-20.

I have Cason, Jenkins, and Talib ahead of Mckelvin. Unless Cason runs a 4.5 at the combine I can't see Mckelvin ahead of him. Talib is a true playmaker and very good athleticism to go with his size. I would have to take a 6-2 200lb Talib over 5-10 190 CB in Mckelvin right now.

This is what i've seen in college so far. Cason, will drop to the second, because he doesn't have that 4.3 time. Alot of NFL scouts are projecting him as a safety. Talib suits a cover 2 because his straight line speed is suspect. Jenkins could be ahead of him except for a couple major character flaws. When you say lacks ball skills it's very important to indicate what that means. That means locate and react and intercept. Mckelvin, locates, reacts gets hand on it and knocks it down very well. Just gotta get him to go for the pick more with the ability he has to close, i agree he needs to improve his ability to pick the ball. In my opinion, when he learns that from what i've seen so far, this kid could be a pro bowler for years to come. if i'm right and we don't pick him i will be revisiting this thread, that how high i am on this guy. and if you're looking at level of competition Troy played some big time schools over the past two years.

We should pick a DT or MLB with our first pick. That's our biggest problem on D right now. The long bomb burns would be minimized if we had some real talent in the front 7.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom