Leron Landry (1 Viewer)

Settle down. It's called sarcasm. Read the title and the rest of the posts and you understand me purposely using the wrong names......The rest of it is based on the LSU homerism around here.

Oh...you missed Leon.

And it's Polamalu

:_rofl: Sorry man, I had a feeling it was sarcasm but didn't know for sure, I thought the same thing about the homerism, I thought i'd be flamed for sure.....

.... Bellamy is 34 and we would need someone for him to groom. Landry could really benefit from that. I know we need CB's more than S, but this could prove to be a very smart move in the long run. ...

Considering Bellamy is only on the team now due to Harper's injury, I'm not so sure that Jay is going to be around next year to groom anyone.

How come any good player from LSU is considered homerism but players with less stats anywhere else is a great player. Get over the tired old homerism talk and admit LSU has good players. There are lots of very good LSU players in the NFL and there will be a lot more in the future.

I say trade all of our picks in rounds 1-6 for veteran starters and a 7th round pick. Then let Payton pick 7 Marques Colstons. We will Rule the world.

How come any good player from LSU is considered homerism but players with less stats anywhere else is a great player. Get over the tired old homerism talk and admit LSU has good players. There are lots of very good LSU players in the NFL and there will be a lot more in the future.

its not about bashing the players...its about people that come up with ideas of drafting a position so high that we dont need..just because they are from LSU..that is homerism...LaRon Landry will do fine in the NFL, it would be down right insane to draft him in the first round..we just spent what two seasons on taking safeties in the 2nd round ?...we have more pressing needs..the same goes for Jamarcus Russell..we don't need him..i'll root for the two, but they dont belong on this team as of now.

S along with DE are the only two positions on defense we do not need to spend a first round pick on.

This is based on what? Bullocks has done nothing since he's been here and still plays like a rookie. You think that LeRon is suspect in coverage? Have yall seen how many times this kid has been burned this year? The guy was brought in to be a playmaker and he has one interception all year. Young player or not, he is depth calibur in this league. I'm not being a homer LSU fan; our defensive backfield needs playmakers and LeRon is one of the best in the draft class. I'm not saying that he's the best pick right now, but he would be a huge upgrade based on what we have playing there right now.

There are a lot of threads bashing anyone who suggest picking anyone from LSU. I am not saying draft them in the first round but just for arguments sake lets say you need a cb or lb. Why bash someone who says to pick so and so from LSU when they are as good as so and so from BFE just because they are from LSU. In another thread there was a question about J Russell. Flame city. But his stats match up with Quinn who alot of this board members were high on last season to be picked this year. Just don't discount LSU players because they are form LSU. They are not all 1st rounders but alot will be solid pros.

There are a lot of threads bashing anyone who suggest picking anyone from LSU. I am not saying draft them in the first round but just for arguments sake lets say you need a cb or lb. Why bash someone who says to pick so and so from LSU when they are as good as so and so from BFE just because they are from LSU. In another thread there was a question about J Russell. Flame city. But his stats match up with Quinn who alot of this board members were high on last season to be picked this year. Just don't discount LSU players because they are form LSU. They are not all 1st rounders but alot will be solid pros.

Ridiculous argument. The problem isn't with LSU players as a whole (as was explained earlier). The problem is reaching for a player we otherwise wouldn't even be looking at simply because they are from LSU. How many here seriously want Brady Quinn now that we have Drew Brees? That would be zero. That's why the poster was bashed for wanting to take JaMarcus in the first round. It would be ridiculous. If we needed a safety, I would be all about LaRon Landry.

As to the poster who think Bullocks as been horrible, I really don't know what to tell you. Our scheme leaves the CB's on an island. They have been beaten tenfold more times than Bullocks. He is playing fine this year and was even better when Roman Harper was paired with him.

No to Landry. The last pick of the first round needs to be best player available not any one position.

As for Bulloch, he played well when Harper was playing but now he looks like he is trying to be in all places at all times.

I'm totally against trading up for Landry in the 1st round. I'd be tempted to take him if he fell to us, but there will probably be other players of position of need who will help the team out a lot more.

I'm more than satisfied with Roman Harper at SS. IMO you don't want Landry at FS; his talents would be better used in the box, putting hits on people, as a SS.

I like Bowe, but he's never been very consistent catching the ball. One play he'll make a spectacular catch, run over a defender, and break loose. A few plays later, he'll drop a wide-open 1st down. Has talents like an Andre Johnson and I could see him making a huge jump up in value after the combine.

One player I wouldn't mind taking later in the draft is Jessie Daniels. He could be a solid backup and nice replacement for Stoutmire.

Yes please take Glen Dorsey i was thinkin the same thing all year he is LEGIT.

+1

I'd love to get Dorsey if he goes Pro early. He'd probably go between the late 1st and early 3rd, depending on workouts.

He's got size, speed, great hands and put up monster numbers in the SEC.

I'm not a scout, but I would think he'd be a 1st rounder... all homerism aside.

Don't forget his amazing alligator arms. Anytime he feels a hit coming, out come his gator arms. He also drops too many passes. I've said it before and I'll say it again. He's the least physical big reciever I've seen. He ain't Michael Clayton.........And I'm a huge LSU fan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom