Les Miles is not a good football coach. (1 Viewer)

Meh, you're wide right, my man.

Three Championships > Two Championships

all day, every day and especially on a neutral field. :hihi:

Well in that case we should all bow to the glory of the Tigers, the Princeton Tigers with an impressive 17 Championships, even USCs 10 can't match that:ezbill:

I see what you're saying and I can agree a bit with it, but can't the same be said for every coach? If this is the approach you take then how can you truly prove if a coach is a good coach or not?

I'd say more often than not Les gambles when he doesn't really need to. Is that fun, yes. Does it make for great games, certainly. I can't remember an LSU season that was more fun to watch. Will it catch up to him, odds are yes. Thats all. At the same time, his crazy stunts he pulls get to his players and pump them up, because so far they've been cashing in on them. The flip side to that is that if/when his crazy stunt goes awry and they lose a game becasue of it doubt and dissention kicks in. Thats just human nature. Winning cures all ills.

I'd say more often than not Les gambles when he doesn't really need to. Is that fun, yes. Does it make for great games, certainly. I can't remember an LSU season that was more fun to watch. Will it catch up to him, odds are yes. Thats all. At the same time, his crazy stunts he pulls get to his players and pump them up, because so far they've been cashing in on them. The flip side to that is that if/when his crazy stunt goes awry and they lose a game becasue of it doubt and dissention kicks in. Thats just human nature. Winning cures all ills.

While this is true, it still amazes me at how many people (before Monday night's win.. I haven't really listened to sports radio since) still didn't support Les despite all the wins.

Back to what you were saying.. yeah Live by the gun, Die by the gun I can agree with that some, but I choose to not let those calls overshadow all the good that he has done.

While this is true, it still amazes me at how many people (before Monday night's win.. I haven't really listened to sports radio since) still didn't support Les despite all the wins.

Back to what you were saying.. yeah Live by the gun, Die by the gun I can agree with that some, but I choose to not let those calls overshadow all the good that he has done.

I don't really listen to the sports radio in town because I think it sucks so I can't comment on that but my guess is being Saints fans (most likely) they:

a. Can't enjoy success no matter how hard they try;
b. Need something to complain about; and
c. Are waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I don't really listen to the sports radio in town because I think it sucks so I can't comment on that but my guess is being Saints fans (most likely) they:

a. Can't enjoy success no matter how hard they try;
b. Need something to complain about; and
c. Are waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I think he hit the nail on the head. I honestly don't see how someone could live each day being so miserable.

Les Miles will continue to be called stupid and a poor football coach because LSU haters have to hold on to something negative. Otherwise, they would be faced with the cold hard truth that LSU has yet another great coach and will continue to win, and not only that, but will continue to keep their favorite team from winning a NC. Thinking and calling him stupid is their only means of retaliation and hope, that hope that is that LSU will fail.

But from the looks of things, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen anytime soon.

I know this, the only coach that looked stupid in that BCS game was Tressel. It looked like Bill Belicheck vs Jim Mora(when he was washed up and spent)..the total unimaginative offense of the Buckeyes might work against the crap competition in the Big 10, but that stuff doesn't fly here.

Les Miles has exceeded my expectations and then some. I just can't believe what a great job he has done surrounding himself with talent. And the best thing is, unlike Nick Saban, his assistance seem to actually respect him which bodes well for program stability.

I know this, the only coach that looked stupid in that BCS game was Tressel. It looked like Bill Belicheck vs Jim Mora(when he was washed up and spent)..the total unimaginative offense of the Buckeyes might work against the crap competition in the Big 10, but that stuff doesn't fly here.

Les Miles has exceeded my expectations and then some. I just can't believe what a great job he has done surrounding himself with talent. And the best thing is, unlike Nick Saban, his assistance seem to actually respect him which bodes well for program stability.

What is interesting is that the two things that many complained about - risky plays and too many penalties -- did NOT occur in the NC game. It was an outstanding job of coaching, IMO. Personally, I like the fact that Les takes some risks; he gave me heart attacks at times, and there were times that I didn't think the risk was the right move to make, but wow, that shows confidence in your team and your coaches.

Anyway, very few penalties on LSU and no trick plays that I recall in Monday's game. Les showed me that he can adjust to the situation and not get stuck on a particular type of game plan. I'm glad he's our coach. And from what I read, his assistants and his players seem to really enjoy working/playing for him. That bodes VERY well for the program.

I don't remember any trick plays, just different formations.

I like the gutsy calls and I like the confidence Miles shows in the players and coaches to make those calls. Sure, some of them were very risky and would have drawn massive frowns, but they worked with wonderful results.

Geauxboy and Kellye you guys are dead on. Outsiders look at 4th down plays as risky, but his players and coaches look at it as their head coach having total confidence in them getting the job done.

How could you NOT want to play for a coach that does that?

>>...all day, every day and especially on a neutral field. :hihi:

LMAO. I purposely try to leave FSU out of the discussions because I'm a homer. But since he lobbed that dis my way, I had to respond. Considering the 14 year run we had will be extremely difficult to equal (requires a long tenured coach who knows how to win at a ridiculous level or at a minimum a program so good that high-talent recruits flock to it), it's going to be a while before the next team matches it.

TPS

Geauxboy and Kellye you guys are dead on. Outsiders look at 4th down plays as risky, but his players and coaches look at it as their head coach having total confidence in them getting the job done.

How could you NOT want to play for a coach that does that?

Zactly. Except for the Flynn flip to David against Florida, they've all been short yardage situations (IIRC). With that OLine and those RBs, not to mention two big QBs, that's an easy decision in my mind.

>>...all day, every day and especially on a neutral field. :hihi:

LMAO. I purposely try to leave FSU out of the discussions because I'm a homer. But since he lobbed that dis my way, I had to respond. Considering the 14 year run we had will be extremely difficult to equal (requires a long tenured coach who knows how to win at a ridiculous level or at a minimum a program so good that high-talent recruits flock to it), it's going to be a while before the next team matches it.

TPS

Hey man, you asked. :hihi:

So um, doesn't FSU still have that same, long-tenured coach? To what do you attribute the mighty fall the program has taken?

Last edited:
Hey man, you asked. :hihi:

So um, doesn't FSU still have that same, long-tenured coach? To what do you attribute the mighty fall the program as taken?

FSU's fall happened right after Richt left for UGA. Bit of homer's perspective on my end, but am curious to see if FSU fans feel the same way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom