Less Boogar please... (1 Viewer)

The problem is that so many of these commentators believe you turn in to hear them talk. I record Football Night in America and fast forward past all the yapping. If they would just shut up and show highlights instead of their "expert" analysis they could show 3 times as many highlights. Last week there were several games where they showed 2 plays from the entire game.
Give this man a standing ovation

We I cannot stand him. He had to compliment Brees during our game and every time he hedged with some qualifier. Like he didn’t want to admit it. He serves absolutely no purpose but as a big distracting milk dud.

Plus he’s a kiss up. Talking about the NFL’s marijuana policy should be more strict.

I noticed this in the beginning of the year and made a comment to a buddy how annoying that would be. A few weeks later they did change the background behind him to Plexiglas. To the original post, that whole crew is obnoxious. I would be shocked if any of them are back next year

In fairness to them, I don’t think that they should have been placed in those positions by the network. Monday Night Football is considered premium programming, so it’s not the arena for “try-outs”. I don’t care if they nailed their auditions and interviews, there should be a proven body of work for each one of them that illustrates their skill set or lack thereof.
They should have been placed at the collegiate level, calling mid-level games to get a feel for the job, and as I mentioned, put some proof out there to see if they had the skills to be proficient, entertaining, engaging, and informative. You don’t practice on Monday Night Football, in my opinion.
I guess ESPN figured if one former Cowboy (Romo) can be successful going straight from the field to the booth, why shouldn't another? Dumb rational, but hey, that's ESPN for you.
Personally , I think ESPN blew it years ago when they terminated Theisman and Paul McGuire as color guys. That was a proven team that worked well together. I guess, in ESPN's eyes, they were just guilty of getting older. Who cares how well they worked together, right?

All three of them suck. ESPN should’ve never let Tirico walk to NBC. Since they did, MNF has gone straight to the garbage.
Well. you know what? Just as they say; Turn down the Sound of your TV, get yourself all synced up with the video feed with the local WWL-Radio broadcast and listen to one legend and a future legend in Deuce and Zach banter and even get into these little fake “spats” where some real perspective comes out due to their different views of the same situation, which goes to show the difference from the early 2000’s and a RB vs the later version of Our SAINTS and the “O”-Line which can teach us all something new if we listen to the core of their discussion. That’s my solution and it pleases me greatly and not having to listen to the uninformed and biased based opinions of the pin-heads (even they are former players) spewing their junk. IMHO, the most refreshing commentator has surprised me greatly being TonyRomo!

In truth, I very rarely watch MNF unless the Saints are on or it's a game that directly affects us in some way, so my 'booger exposure' is pretty low...

In truth, I very rarely watch MNF unless the Saints are on or it's a game that directly affects us in some way, so my 'booger exposure' is pretty low...

Lucky you. You can't even call what Booger does "football cliche's". It's more like Admiral Obvious (Captain Obvious doesn't do it justice) "water is wet" observations like: "If you don't score, you can't win the game". Seriously, that's pretty much a direct quote. It's a whole 'nother level of bad.

Reading this thread it dawned on me that I haven't watched a Monday Night Game this year. Don't have ESPN anymore and there hasn't been a game worth heading to a sports bar for. I have to admit, I'm very curious about this Booger fiasco. I don't think I've read a positive comment about him and his roving bucket truck.

He was dead to me when someone asked him if Brees was the GOAT he said Brees was greatest quarterback that was 5’10. The best 5’10 quarterback was Doug Flutie. Brees is 6 foot and the GOAT without conditions.

Last edited:
I would be ripping my season ticket rep constantly for that crap. Like someone posted earlier you pay your hard earned money for season tickets to watch the game LIVE. You could stay home and watch it on TV. Plus the beer's much cheaper and there's no line at the restroom. This should NOT be tolerated. Unbelievable!!!

Edit: And yes I am an LSU fan and yes I think Booger is ultra annoying.

If you're a season ticket holder and aren't affected by this you should still call the ticket office and complain for those that are affected. This is ridiculous!

Last edited:
I really miss Mike Tirico on MNF. Thought he was as solid as they come in the world of broadcasting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom