less priority on d in the draft now? (1 Viewer)

sycamoresaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
with the aquisitions of both lb's, the de, and cb, i wouldn't be surprised that after we go defense with the first pick we take an o lineman in the 2nd. there are lots of o-lineman that rank in the late 1st and early 2nd. if there's a value there from a slider then i could see us picking an olineman as the bpa at 41. at the very least, if we go 2 defensive players with the first 2 picks then i think we definitely go oline with the 3rd if theres value there. personally, i think that we still need some d help (dt, more cb, safety, and lb), but i think our o line could use some help as well. i don't think we'll be doing anything at rb in the draft in the early rounds, either. that's my 2 cents- fire away

I don't think we'll go offensive line in the 1st. Really, I don't see what everyone else sees. I know we probably feel we can improve on Stinchomb but I can't see us sinking #10 overall money into a RT, especially when we have two OTs on the roster (Bushrod and Strief) who we drafted and by all accounts like.

Honestly I can't see us drafting any offensive player in the first round unless Sean Payton just falls in love with a Running Back like Mendenhall.

I kinda agree...I think the 1st round pick will be an impact defensive player, but after that I think its BPA.

Draft all D until the fifth round, then nab a center. After that, then draft more D.

Bpa

I kinda agree...I think the 1st round pick will be an impact defensive player, but after that I think its BPA.

BPA for the 2nd or 3rd round could be OL or TE. We'll see.

i know i tend to write run on sentences, so it's dificult to follow, especially without my coffee. i think with the first we go d, absolutely, d. but after that i think that there may be an o lineman who will be the bpa. i really don't know the oline draft prospects very well, but i could see us using one of the top 3 picks- NOT 1- on an offensive lineman

I hope we pick all defense. But expect there to be a WR, OL, and TE added into the mix someway when the draft is all said and done.

I think the moves we made, Vilma aside, just provide us flexibility and more depth on defense. By no account can we count on Morgan as an answer to WLB. By no account should we sit pat with Young and Thomas at DT, and by no means is Randal Gay our number two CB-- he is a solid nickle that can play second corner in spots, not for the whole season. An upgrade over Bullocks is necessary in my opinion also. Maybe from rounds 3 on we consider best player available, even if it is on offense and we haven't filled our needs, but the defensive needs are too great to do it sooner. We can't do everything in one year, but we can damn well hope and try.

D Al The Way

Lets Bring More Young Playmakers On Defence. Don't Draft Any O-lineman Who Will Sit For A Year Or Two Before Them Contribute. Go D-line ,linebacker, Corner, Not Necessarily In That Order, But Use Top 5 Picks On Defense. Pick Up A Qb Or Te With The Remaining Picks.

If there isn't a top 10 defensive player(DT or CB) in the first I'd go with Clandy. The BPA for the remainder. Obviously when you have similarly graded players available, I'd gravitate to DT's and O-Line. We really need to pick up 2 young DT's, TE, CB, C, RB, S. What really matters is the order in which we do it. I don't think their is value there for us at DT in R1 so I'd go CB or O-Line .

Forget The O-line Thing. The Picture Is Becoming Clear Now. Saints Pick A Corner In The First And The Best Available Defensive Player In The Second And Third. Need Some Convincing, Go Watch The Highlights Of The Saints Eagles Game Last Year. Fast Playmakers On Defence Will Improve Our Chances Of Repeating Our 06 Finish.

I think that the depth at LBer is to good for us not to draft a guy who would still be high on our board at that possition in the second round. That is of course if we pass on Rivers and Connor with our first. I know most people think we would be stretching with those picks, but if both corners and both DTs and both DEs are gone, might not be a bad pick to get either one of those LBers wouldnt offfend me. Of course id rather move down ang get one of those guys, but i think that if all of the top deff players are off the board, along with Mcfadden and Ryan, i dont see anyone trying to trade up and take our pick.

The only way I see O in our future, especially in the first two rounds, is if a highly touted player drops in their laps....ie somebody who "shoud" have went earlier drops to us and it's too good to avoid.

For example, if a projected 1st rd WR fell to us the 2nd, I could see Payton jumping on it.

>>>with the aquisitions of both lb's, the de, and cb, i wouldn't be surprised that after we go defense with the first pick we take an o lineman in the 2nd. there are lots of o-lineman that rank in the late 1st and early 2nd. if there's a value there from a slider then i could see us picking an olineman as the bpa at 41. at the very least, if we go 2 defensive players with the first 2 picks then i think we definitely go oline with the 3rd if theres value there. personally, i think that we still need some d help (dt, more cb, safety, and lb), but i think our o line could use some help as well. i don't think we'll be doing anything at rb in the draft in the early rounds, either. that's my 2 cents- fire away>>>

Why would o-line be such a priorty? We have two offensive lineman from last years draft that did not have a chance to contribute, yet. Alleman and Bushrod should become a more vital part of the team this season. They have been developing for a year on the team. There is a bigger need in the secondary and DT positions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom