Let’s all take a deep breath. The board is so predictable! (1 Viewer)

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The same guys calling him the future of the saints last week are sayin let’s settle down and see next week and the ones last week say to slow down let’s see next week are saying get rid of him. We were split down the middle over Hill and Winston and it sadly shows.

It was his second start. He is going to have ups and downs just like any new QB. Just like we couldn’t rush to judgement last week we can’t this week. Let’s see the game plan against the Clowns and let’s see if we get the left side of the line back.
I’m not sure how much Brees would have thrown the ball today. Reminded me of the Buffalo game a few year’s ago where we rushed for over 300 yards

Unfortunately we won't stop being divided. It's easy to like the guy on the bench when the one on the field doesn't seem to get the passing game. But what the guy on the bench would have done is nothing but speculation. Given where our expectations have been set for 15+ years we were pretty much doomed for QB contraversy.

But we have Sean Payton so we should all relax and stop trying to coach

I still stand by what I think we should do. Draft a quarterback. Taysom has 3 years in our system. Gone to 3 training camp and have played in most of those of the games. With 3 years to his belt plus lots of playing time, I am expecting a guy to become better at his main position. I know it is his second starts but there will be games where he will need to lead. I like him as an all around football player but he hasn't given me any confidence he can be that next franchise quarterback. And it is not just this game.

Last edited:
Yeah, a performance Billy Joe Hobert would've been ashamed of by the supposed heir apparent is surely not something to question in the slightest.

Nobody is saying don't question the performance but we have no idea if Sean thinks he is the heir apparent. I already put in the bold prediction thread I thought Winston would start the second Atl game. Bold because it isn't conventional or likely but it wouldn't surprise me in the last if it was what coach had planned all along. You know he would love to beat a division rival with two backups in the same year lol

Lamar Jackson had stat lines last year the same as Taysom had today. He won the mvp
Would you be happy to have Lamar Jackson as your QB? I wouldn't because I believe having a starting RPO QB in the NFL is not a SB winning formula.

Would you be happy to have Lamar Jackson as your QB? I wouldn't because I believe having a starting RPO QB in the NFL is not a SB winning formula.
He’s a stopgap until Drew comes back this year. Is he the long term answer? I don’t know. We can debate that all off season.

Why don’t we run as well with Brees in? I think our run plays with Brees are quite predictable. Those jumbo packages with Latavius Murray and Brees at QB just scream run up the middle. And we don’t pass well out of them. And maybe Brees doesn’t sell the pass. Something needs to get fixed there.

And I know people won’t admit this and just blame Payton for not calling enough run plays.

Lamar Jackson had stat lines last year the same as Taysom had today. He won the mvp
More interesting than really trying to make a point here, but Taysom's stats looked a lot like Cam Newton's today.

Hill: 9/16 for 78 yard, 0 TDs, 1 INT..............10 rushes for 44 yards, 2 TDs
Newton: 9/18 for 84 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs...9 rushes for 46 yards

More interesting than really trying to make a point here, but Taysom's stats looked a lot like Cam Newton's today.

Hill: 9/16 for 78 yard, 0 TDs, 1 INT..............10 rushes for 44 yards, 2 TDs
Newton: 9/18 for 84 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs...9 rushes for 46 yards
Good point. And another good point... they both got a W.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom