Saints Let’s discuss the benefits of TAYSOM HILL as the STARTING QB (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
- A player with the ability to run the ball into the end zone from ANYWHERE on the field will have the ball in his hands to start every play.

- The deep ball is an option because Taysom Hill has the arm to beat a defense deep.

- The running game overall should improve because defenses must account for Taysom Hill as a threat on any and every play.

- The play-action passing game could be huge.

- Defenses will have to respect Taysom Hill’s ability to tuck-and-run... this should affect coverage.

- Full playbook and no restrictions for Taysom because he has a very solid backup QB on the sidelines. Just let Taysom do what he do.

- Rollout passes and moving Taysom outside the pocket could be deadly! It simplifies his reads and if the defense isn’t prepared and on point, he will just take off for a 1st down.

One more thing...

The media and the “experts” are already trying to doubt CSP’s decision to go with Taysom over wINsTon...

CSP responds well to doubters and knuckleheads trying to act like they know what’s best for the Saints over him.

Expect to be impressed.

the flip side to that is CSP is also stubborn, so if it doesn’t work, he will stick with it.

the flip side to that is CSP is also stubborn, so if it doesn’t work, he will stick with it.

El Cal, you were around for the Mora days, no? Sean isn’t stubborn in the same way most coaches are. He usually admits when he is wrong, though it is unfortunately after the season most of the time. But he will have to stick with it long enough to know he gave it a real chance.

OP, you touched on it with coverage but I was coming to say that, in theory at least,Hill should get more clean looks downfield with them having to respect his run. Im really hoping that knowing he has more than a couple of plays will let him settle in and connect on some of those. The advantages of Dual threat don’t really work unless both threats are real threats.

I would add that while Taysom does infact have the arm strength to beat defenses deep, so far he hasn’t shown the ability to drop it in accurately. Generally the receivers have to slow down and adjust to the ball, not hitting them in stride.

Last edited:
El Cal, you were around for the Mora days, no? Sean isn’t stubborn in the same way most coaches are. He usually admits when he is wrong, though it is unfortunately after the season most of the time. But he will have to stick with it long enough to know he gave it a real chance.

OP, you touched on it with coverage but I was coming to say that, in theory at least,Hill should get more clean looks downfield with them having to respect his run. Im really hoping that knowing he has more than a couple of plays will let him settle in and connect on some of those. The advantages of Dual threat don’t really work unless both threats are real threats.
Yeah, your right about all of that.

I too am excited for whatever the future holds with Taysom. I have been a fan of his since BYU and it’s time to see if he is a better qb than when he left Provo.

Ability to possess the ball with the run game.

Ability to extend plays that would otherwise be dead.

Heavy boxes on defense that will allow one on one deep shots.

Can't key on Kamara every single play in the run or pass game.

Can't double or bracket Thomas and play 2 high all day.

If the defense plays man and doesn't get there with the blitz, everyone has their back turned to Taysom and he is still running when the game ends.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom