Pelicans Let’s give our Pels some love!!!!! (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
1. Fighting, then knocking the Lakers out of the play-in.

2. Rising to the occasion and beating the Spurs AND Clippers to get the #8 seed.

3. As a young team, playing fearlessly vs. the #1 seed: Phoenix Suns, and winning 2 games in a hard-fought series.

4. For the record:

a. In the East:

1) #8 seed Atlanta lost 4 games to 1
2) #5 Toronto lost 4 games to 2
3) #6 Chicago lost 4 games to 1
4) #7 Brooklyn SWEPT 4 games to 0

b. In the West:

1) #8 Pelicans lost 4 games to 2
2) #6 Denver lost 4 games to 1

Pelicans had the HARDEST road as #9 scrapping in 2 games to get the #8 slot. Yet they gave the #1 Suns a run for their money! 💴 💰

Go Pels… we’re sooooooooo proud of you guys!

Great season
That playoff run is going to be an incredible focusing mechanism
They’ll enjoy their break, but I bet they can’t wait to get at it again

Should be able to pick up some talent in the draft (unfortunately that talent will probably take minutes away from Jose)

Loved seeing Josh hart there- hope he comes back

Go Pels

Man, these guys way over performed what I expected. The future foundation is set. They now have playoff experience. Zion (or his equivalent assets) will be added next year.

Next year should be no surprise. Barring injury, I look forward to them being top 6 and avoiding the play-in.

I'm proud of Willie Green and his team. They deserve all the love we can give them.

:9:

Man, these guys way over performed what I expected. The future foundation is set. They now have playoff experience. Zion (or his equivalent assets) will be added next year.

Next year should be no surprise. Barring injury, I look forward to them being top 6 and avoiding the play-in.

I'm proud of Willie Green and his team. They deserve all the love we can give them.

:9:
I can't express how impressed I am with Willie Green. I didn't want him hired as coach and gladly ate my servings of crow and humble pies about mid-way through the season. He has a great future ahead of him and I hope they're all here.

That was a great interview with Zion. He pretty much reaffirmed that he's committed to the team, org and his teammates. He went so far as to say that there are other teams that are good, but off the court they aren't together. It looks like he's more about teammates and relationships than chasing the big city hype. His interview does not match any of the chatter/rumors coming out of his camp which indicates that the chatter isn't coming from him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom