Let’s go a little easy on Hill today. (1 Viewer)

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
It’s his first game as a starter in quite a few years. There are going to be some ups and downs and it’s going to be a process. Let’s cut him a little slack and understand that this is not an easy thing. Let’s trust in what Payton sees/saw and give the kid a couple of weeks to get in rhythm.

platinumvinnyv

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Where was that when Winston had to spot play? The agenda here is laughable.

I'm rooting for Hill. But a bad game is a bad game. And he shouldn't be given a pass.
LOL True.... Double Standards has always be strong on this board.

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dude you spent years saying we should replace Drew during his prime. You were known as the Cam Newton fan. All you did was talk about how great Newton was and how pocket passers like Brees were no longer value. You begged for an athletic QB for the saints, swore it was the future. So what happens when the saints finally start the type of QB you’ve been begging for? so what do you do? You complain we aren’t starting the pocket passer. So why the change of heart? 🤔 very telling...
I wanted the Saints to draft McCaffery when he came out if he fell, but I’m more than happy we got Lattimore and Kamara! But look at Taysom’s comps to McCaffery it’s nuts!

He’s just a hair below Lamar Jackson. Now he is 30 so he’s already peaked. So he needs to develop fast as a passer.

(As to the other commenter: 😒 )

9D9A8172-C973-4F91-A3BE-60625E0BEA10.jpeg

Rdanderson91

Krispy Kreme
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dude you spent years saying we should replace Drew during his prime. You were known as the Cam Newton fan. All you did was talk about how great Newton was and how pocket passers like Brees were no longer value. You begged for an athletic QB for the saints, swore it was the future. So what happens when the saints finally start the type of QB you’ve been begging for? so what do you do? You complain we aren’t starting the pocket passer. So why the change of heart? 🤔 very telling...

Shizzle straight up sent me a message years ago saying the reason he’s so harsh with Drew is because he’s white. He said everyone hated Aaron Brooks because he’s black, so he’s just returning the favor basically.

OP
Krodwhodat

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Shizzle straight up sent me a message years ago saying the reason he’s so harsh with Drew is because he’s white. He said everyone hated Aaron Brooks because he’s black, so he’s just returning the favor basically.
Yep. It’s the reason he never hangs around long

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad that he can’t enjoy the Brees years.

Aaron Brooks... I, I have no words.

Reaction score
He isn't necessarily wrong about the latter, but tit-for-tat doesn't ever look good on anyone.

OP
Krodwhodat

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He isn't necessarily wrong about the latter, but tit-for-tat doesn't ever look good on anyone.
Actually I think a lot of people were team Blake. I was so excited about Jeff Blake and thought he should have not lost his job due to injury. Blake could throw the ball. Man he had potential

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Who is this "everyone" who "hated" Aaron Brooks especially "because he's black"? I got mad at him when he threw the ball backwards and when he was playing with a busted shoulder and maybe should have taken himself out of the game, but that has nothing to do with him being black.

Saintshizzle

G.O.M.A.B
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Lmao...you fell on a few words. Stuck on EM. Your problem...not mine.

Let's see what Taysom does

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Might have to cancel this thread like the one earlier in the week. Maybe change course?

renegadewa

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It’s his first game as a starter in quite a few years. There are going to be some ups and downs and it’s going to be a process. Let’s cut him a little slack and understand that this is not an easy thing. Let’s trust in what Payton sees/saw and give the kid a couple of weeks to get in rhythm.
I think I'd rather look at things objectively. If Hill plays well and the Saints win then I'll give him all the props that he has coming to him but if he stinks the place up and the Saints lose I'll say that he looked like crap and the TH experiment needs work.

I love the Saints as much as anyone here but I won't and have never sugar coated any criticism or accolade concerning them.

The bottom line in the NFL is winning and losing and as far as the Saints go it runs right through the QB position.

Damn that Drew Brees guy for spoiling us so badly for the last 15 years or so!!:p

Rdanderson91

Krispy Kreme
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Who is this "everyone" who "hated" Aaron Brooks especially "because he's black"? I got mad at him when he threw the ball backwards and when he was playing with a busted shoulder and maybe should have taken himself out of the game, but that has nothing to do with him being black.
No idea. Certainly wasn’t me. I thought he was one of the top 3 QBs in Saints history at the time. Which isn’t saying much of course.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)