Let’s go a little easy on Hill today. (2 Viewers)

No...the Tampa Saints game...literally have words in the post saying Sean knows what he have in Jameis, which ESPN just also said.

The SWEPT STATEMENT was directed towards Jameis Swept Atlanta....knows Atlanta and almost swept them again last year...

Take your time with it

There's nothing in that post to indicate the switch in teams. You probably did mean that, but you expressed it poorly. It's ok, it's the internet, and we've come to expect the lack of attention to those sorts of details in writing. You've gone back and cleared it up for everyone so you can move on.

There's nothing in that post to indicate the switch in teams. You probably did mean that, but you expressed it poorly. It's ok, it's the internet, and we've come to expect the lack of attention to those sorts of details in writing. You've gone back and cleared it up for everyone so you can move on.

Ok I will go back and reread it. Because that was the intent. Far as I know....Jameis never swept us. Think only Matt in their SB year

I trust in Coach Payton and believe in Hill, but the fact is Hill is going to have to produce and move this team to scores. Atlanta is an explosive offense for sure and this is a game we just don't want to fall behind in with a new and inexperienced QB. Here's hoping that Hill is ready for the bright lights today in the Dome!!

Yeah, that's not gonna happen :hihi:

Win, lose, or draw, there are going to be some white hot takes after the game.

I can't wait for the game day thread :hihi:

I haven’t been to a game day thread In quite a while. I’ll be there today, mostly overreacting probably 😂

NFL Network going in...and Kurt Warner, along with Mooch and Irving are just as befuddled.

If he plays poorly he will be called out. If he is good he will be praised. There is no need to set him up to fail.

NFL Network going in...and Kurt Warner, along with Mooch and Irving are just as befuddled.
Dude you spent years saying we should replace Drew during his prime. You were known as the Cam Newton fan. All you did was talk about how great Newton was and how pocket passers like Brees were no longer value. You begged for an athletic QB for the saints, swore it was the future. So what happens when the saints finally start the type of QB you’ve been begging for? so what do you do? You complain we aren’t starting the pocket passer. So why the change of heart? 🤔 very telling...

I havent been wrong yet, Drew hasn't gotten us back...and fails in Playoffs, every year. As I said.

We missed the QBs I wanted to take. Sean got a dual threat...lets see what he does

I take back NOTHING...in fact...was Mahomes available....cant remember

Dude you spent years saying we should replace Drew during his prime. You were known as the Cam Newton fan. All you did was talk about how great Newton was and how pocket passers like Brees were no longer value. You begged for an athletic QB for the saints, swore it was the future. So what happens when the saints finally start the type of QB you’ve been begging for? so what do you do? You complain we aren’t starting the pocket passer. So why the change of heart? 🤔 very telling...

Well *ALMOST* the type of QB he's interested in.

If we cannot speak fairly on what we see, from our perspective...

You may get your wish little podnuh

1606062930157.png

To me it all comes down to this. Saints will need a QB next season. Taysom is already signed. We can't afford any vet
QB for next season. We need to see Taysom play QB, and this is the best game and best situation to do that.
  • Falcons have a weak defense. 1st time starting QB won't face elite pass rush or pass coverage. Will get an honest look at him.
  • We have a 1 game lead in the NFCS with the head-to-head tie-breaker on the #2 team.
    • The #2 team plays a tough Rams team this week, so a loss may not even set us back at all.
  • O-line is as healthy as an O-line gets this time of year.
  • All offensive weapons are back on the field.
  • Defense is trending up in recent weeks. (Lattimore being out is scary) So this shouldn't turn into a shoot-out.
  • Falcons run D is not elite. Should be able to win with a more "run-first" approach, which helps any QB.
If Taysom plays well, we can look for a QB to groom in the offseason, or just find a back up or two.
If Taysom plays poorly, we'll know that we need to draft a guy who can start soon if not immediately.
If Taysom plays well, we have a quality back-up in Winston the rest of 2020.
If Taysom plays poorly, we can start Winston until Drew heals up.

Face it. When 2020 ends, Loomis is going to have the hardest job he's ever had simply putting a football team on the field and getting under the cap.
Hill proving to be a viable QB would go a long way towards making that happen. Is getting the answer to that question worth possibly taking a loss
at this point of the season? That's debatable. But I don't think Sean Payton sees it that way. I think he believes we can WIN with Taysom, or he
wouldn't be starting today. Who knows how good or bad Taysom can or will be? But I think we can go in thinking along the lines of Tim Tebow with
Sean Payton game planning for him.

And here's food for thought. I think SP starting Taysom proves one thing, finally. Had Drew NOT decided to play another year, Taysom would likely
have been our starter since week 1. This makes me think that was the plan. That means, Sean Payton really does think Taysom can be the answer.
And right or wrong, nobody would have a better idea of where Taysom is as a QB than our coach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom