Let’s not make the playoff loss more than what it really was (1 Viewer)

dvdman

All-Pro
Reaction score
Everyone has their opinion as to why we lost on Sunday including myself but after thinking it through for 3 days it’s pretty simple. We lost Sunday because the Bucs took advantage of their turnover opportunities (all 4) and we could not. We were just sloppy with the ball and they were lucky. Do you all recall the missed INTs we failed to make off of Brady on Sunday? I counted 4! As someone noted in another post they only drove a total of 63 yards for their 3 TDs. Let’s don’t try to make it into more than what it really was. Sure we could have played better but the Bucs were not setting the world fire Sunday. Ultimately it was our own mistakes that was our undoing. Payton had no part of that.

Yeah, but I think it’s fair to ask what led to the turnovers? And why has it been a common theme in our last three playoff losses (although 2018 shouldn’t have happened because of the no-call on the PI and also on Brees getting hit when he threw the pick in OT).

Teams just don’t respect our downfield passing game. It makes the field smaller. And players are bigger, faster, stronger and smarter than ever. So when we they don’t have to play as much of the field, it lets them play faster. And when you need more offensive plays to move the ball (because you can’t get chunk yardage), it opens the door to more chances to turn it over.

Everyone has their opinion as to why we lost on Sunday including myself but after thinking it through for 3 days it’s pretty simple. We lost Sunday because the Bucs took advantage of their turnover opportunities (all 4) and we could not. We were just sloppy with the ball and they were lucky. Do you all recall the missed INTs we failed to make off of Brady on Sunday? I counted 4! As someone noted in another post they only drove a total of 63 yards for their 3 TDs. Let’s don’t try to make it into more than what it really was. Sure we could have played better but the Bucs were not setting the world fire Sunday. Ultimately it was our own mistakes that was our undoing. Payton had no part of that.
Very well said, all post so far have made perfect sense. I posted in another thread before the game stating, in the playoffs mistakes are magnified. You have to take advantage of them or you lose. Plain and simple. Mistake free football and execution. We made plenty of mistakes and didn’t execute when we settled for FGs in the first two possessions.

I agree, but also feel that we should have gone up 14-0 when we had the opportunity and Tampa would have been done - just my opinion. Instead, we settled for FGs, 6-0 and the rest is history.

I agree, but also feel that we should have gone up 14-0 when we had the opportunity and Tampa would have been done - just my opinion. Instead, we settled for FGs, 6-0 and the rest is history.

I was texting my dad saying "we need to get a touchdown here" after that 2nd short field opportunity. When we kicked another field goal, thats when the dread started creeping in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom