NFL Draft Let’s re-slot the Saints draft picks... then take another look... (3 Viewers)

Nah that's not why. Its who we drafted and who was still on the board. For instance...

We took Turner in the 1st when Jeremiah Owusu-Koramora (sp?) was still available. Of course hindsight is 50/50 (Shoutout to Cam), but if we were drafting an edge and a LB we could have gotten J.O-K at 28 and Boogie Basham, Ronnie Perkins, or any number of edge players that were rated higher than Perkins and went after we took Werner in the 2nd. We could have gotten 2 better players than the ones we got that would have been more pro-ready.

Turner's ceiling is high, and Werner looks like he'll be a solid player. So we'll see what happens.
JOK could easily bust or underperform. Those tweeners don’t always find their niche in the NFL.

Very good. I was just saying they drafted out of order but ended up w/ the players they wanted. Guess the biggest thing is guys still have to come in and do their jobs to win a spot.
The Raider Nation were furious the team selected Leatherwood over Moehrig. Then Moehrig was hand-gifted to Vegas in round two, in the exact range Leatherwood was projected to go by everyone lol

Nah that's not why. Its who we drafted and who was still on the board. For instance...

We took Turner in the 1st when Jeremiah Owusu-Koramora (sp?) was still available. Of course hindsight is 50/50 (Shoutout to Cam), but if we were drafting an edge and a LB we could have gotten J.O-K at 28 and Boogie Basham, Ronnie Perkins, or any number of edge players that were rated higher than Perkins and went after we took Werner in the 2nd. We could have gotten 2 better players than the ones we got that would have been more pro-ready.

Turner's ceiling is high, and Werner looks like he'll be a solid player. So we'll see what happens.

“Rated higher” ??

By whom?

Not by the Saints, that’s why they drafted Turner over JOK, because he was rated higher by them.

And by the way, when we passed on your “rated higher JOK”......so did the next 24 teams. Wonder if they all also missed the memo that JOK was “rated higher”?

Yeah, Nick U. keeps saying that. Saints go by the RAS mostly.

I think we all read too many pre-draft player rankings, mock drafts, and give way too much weight to projected round in the various draft profiles. I'd bet a wooden nickel that Loomis, Ireland, Payton, and the gang... nor any other staff/scouting department in the NFL even looks at or reads any of these things. Much less takes them into consideration. We fall head over heals for names we recognize and it's a kick in the guts to see a team like Dallas or Carolina steal the guy you wanted us to draft. But that's all fantasy. Our GM, coach, and staff are just as informed as any other team. And they like these guys better than the other options on the board at the time of the pick.

I agree, and prior to the Saints picking the 1st round lost it's predictability after the first 3-5 picks after the QB's it was a crap shoot from then on out.

I agree, and prior to the Saints picking the 1st round lost it's predictability after the first 3-5 picks after the QB's it was a crap shoot from then on out.
in a year where the college season was weird. Lots of opt-outs, game cancellations, etc... it's pretty obvious our draft strategy was to acquire healthy players who have prototype size, high IQ's, and high athletic measurables. oh, and that quarterback kid.

The Raider Nation were furious the team selected Leatherwood over Moehrig. Then Moehrig was hand-gifted to Vegas in round two, in the exact range Leatherwood was projected to go by everyone
Imagine getting drafted by the Raiders....and having literally no idea where you’re going to be living evert year....

Last edited:
As the season progresses I will send you videos of JOK getting pancaked. 😂 And see how that applies.

tenor.gif

;)

1:13 how do you like your linebackers getting pancaked by wide receivers?

LOL! You mean after he blew up the block and drove the WR 5 yards back (he carried out his assignment by the way), and lost his footing and the WR pancaked him.

Good example. We should have drafted him based on that game alone he owned the field.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom