Saints Let’s talk a bit more about Lattimore’s ball-jacking (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Great heads-up. The commentary said that the players worked on stripping the ball during each practice.

It’s encouraging that they have put emphasis on takeaways so much in ALL PHASES of defense. It will pay huge dividends over the course of the season.

That play reminded me of a certain play back in 2009. Hint: Unknown WhoDat game. :ezbill:

:gosaints:

The important thing is to go for the strip ina crowd when if you lose the ball carrier entirely, your teammates can clean up. First guy tackles, next guys go after the ball.

This. This is exactly what Chicago has done for years. Have the crowd in case you miss them go hard for the strip. If the guy misses, someone else there to tackle.

Contrast that with Williams and Ryan’s defenses where it was go for the strip in the open field so then if you miss the ball carrier has another 20 yards

This. This is exactly what Chicago has done for years. Have the crowd in case you miss them go hard for the strip. If the guy misses, someone else there to tackle.

Contrast that with Williams and Ryan’s defenses where it was go for the strip in the open field so then if you miss the ball carrier has another 20 yards

That's EXACTLY what happened when Tracy Porter was tossed aside like a rag doll on Marshon Lynch's "BEASTMODE" run vs. the Saints.

Watch Porter go ONLY FOR THE BALL at the 0:10 second, 0:54 second and 1:17 marks. :covri:

Great heads-up. The commentary said that the players worked on stripping the ball during each practice.

It’s encouraging that they have put emphasis on takeaways so much in ALL PHASES of defense. It will pay huge dividends over the course of the season.

That play reminded me of a certain play back in 2009. Hint: Unknown WhoDat game. :ezbill:

Great topic. Yes it was only preseason. But to see Lattimore make that play right out the gate reminded me of the whole 2009 season when our defense not only had the confidence to stop people. They turned defense into instant offense. And that was what won the NFC championship & the Superbowl.

Well there was this strip and I've seen Hendrickson make a couple of strong (unsuccessful) attempts at separating the ball (and still making the tackle), but despite the rhetoric, I haven't seen a lot of action in trying to create turnovers this preseason. Every other time the ball has ended up on the ground has been an unforced error to my recollection.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom