Let’s talk about Jameis (w/ Rev Deuce film study) (1 Viewer)

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Let’s get it out of the way: it’s just one game, blah blah blah.

Two things stand out that are the most encouraging things from Sunday:

1. Improved decision-making. This has been highlighted a lot so I won’t harp on it.

2. improved mechanics.

Deuce does a great job of highlighting point number-2 a couple of times. Jameis re-made the way he throws the football. Not necessarily with his arm motion, but with his lower body.

And he maintained the new mechanics even while under heavy pressure (which, frankly, he faced a lot on Sunday. OLine needs to improve a little in that respect. And they will. GB is good).

Sunday was enormous because it was a lot of positive reinforcement about the changes he’s made and the work he’s put in.

Of course, there’s always the concern that he could revert back to some of the old habits. But the more positive results he sees, the more likely he is to stick to the new habits in the face of adversity. Once that is committed to muscle memory, he could really be great.

Anyway, long post and even longer film study here. But a lot to feel good about after game 1. Hopefully we see more of it moving forward.

Realistically, it is just one game. Enjoy the week. Period
I usually tend to agree with this, the preseason game against the Jags had me excited. I had to tell myself, it's just one quarter, It's just preseason, and Green Bay will be the real test.

Well inner fanatic me is now like, HE DESTROYED THE PACKERS!!! SUPERBOWL BABY!!!

But such is being a fan. Am I right? Team needs a lot of work and needs to get healthy but man Sunday was a much needed exciting day that has carried well into my work week. WHO DAT !

JW was fantastic & he's learned a lot these past 2 yrs but on his overturned INT it did look as if he'd reverted back to his old self for just that 1 play...playing hero ball. There were 3/4 green jerseys all around Johnson. I'm sure he'll keep lapses like that to a minimum now

JW was fantastic & he's learned a lot these past 2 yrs but on his overturned INT it did look as if he'd reverted back to his old self for just that 1 play...playing hero ball. There were 3/4 green jerseys all around Johnson. I'm sure he'll keep lapses like that to a minimum now
In his defense, it was a good read. Breaking it down, Juwan had the defender beat but the pressure by Smith made him throw sooner and a little short. Refs missed the PI as well. If not for the pressure, he would have seen Deonte wide open for an easy score since the safety was already in the end zone committed to Juwan. Also had AK underneath to at least get close to the first down.

It's just one game but I think we need to acknowledge that he has been money all times he's been on the field so far
Raivens-14 pts scored, 1 td, 1 int
Jac- 14 pts scored, 2tds, no int
Pac- 38 pts scored 4 tds (the shuffle to AK I don't really count)
This doesn't even include the touchdown he threw against the Bucs in the playoffs

Let’s get it out of the way: it’s just one game, blah blah blah.

Two things stand out that are the most encouraging things from Sunday:

1. Improved decision-making. This has been highlighted a lot so I won’t harp on it.

2. improved mechanics.

Deuce does a great job of highlighting point number-2 a couple of times. Jameis re-made the way he throws the football. Not necessarily with his arm motion, but with his lower body.

And he maintained the new mechanics even while under heavy pressure (which, frankly, he faced a lot on Sunday. OLine needs to improve a little in that respect. And they will. GB is good).

Sunday was enormous because it was a lot of positive reinforcement about the changes he’s made and the work he’s put in.

Of course, there’s always the concern that he could revert back to some of the old habits. But the more positive results he sees, the more likely he is to stick to the new habits in the face of adversity. Once that is committed to muscle memory, he could really be great.

Anyway, long post and even longer film study here. But a lot to feel good about after game 1. Hopefully we see more of it moving forward.

all QB throws int he is not the only one. so be happy about what he did right .

In his defense, it was a good read. Breaking it down, Juwan had the defender beat but the pressure by Smith made him throw sooner and a little short.

Yep. I've seen Brees attempt, complete, and get intercepted off those kinds of throws for years. It's a tight window that requires great ball placement, but those are the kinds of throws that NFL QBs can't shy away from when things get condensed around the goal line.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom