Let Brees only play 1st half against Atlanta (1 Viewer)

Brees is the teams undisputed franchise QB and leader. He only needs 142 yds to break the magical 5000 mark. Let him do that and then rest him. No need to risk his arm or health for the last game. (hence Raiders + Titans situation)

Let Luke McCown get some late playing time and start preparing for an even better 2017!

If you do that instead of McCown playing call up Grayson and play him!

Dude we're 7-8, Brees and the rest of the starters are going to play the entire game unless an injury occurs.

You don't sit your starting QB unless you have a rookie you want to get reps in live action. We don't have one of those. Drew plays out the string and we go all in to try and get to .500. And no matter what our record, we won't let the falcons sweep us. I want to send them to the playoffs with a spankin'.

8-8 is only a one game improvement over the past couple of 7-9's, but this team is a 10 or 11 win team in my book. I made it to 3 games in the dome this year, and I've watched and re-watched every game this season. We got a few losses we didn't deserve.

Denver still stings. He was out of bounds!

Any other time I would agree just let the starters rest especially if the Falcons were already out of the playoffs. But there are 3 main factors that this is more or less a must win for the Saints.

1. Defeating a hated divisional rival.
2. Screwing up the divisional rivals playoff seeding.
3. And a chance to see if this team really is different from the 7-9 teams of yesteryear and go 8-8.

tenor.gif

so you wouldn't risk him the second half in a last game but you would risk him the first half over something as petty as the 5000 yard mark? Pretty sure Drew doesn't sit up at night hoping he gets to 5k again. He isn't playing for that. He should, and will, play the whole game and he'll give 110% the entire time he's in there. That's why he plays.

Nope it's Atlanta. You can possibly deny them the 2nd spot in the playoffs. This team doesn't want another losing season, however with all the injuries and stupid penalties this has been the toughest fought 7-8 I've ever seen.

Besides spoiling their playoff chances, we still need to dish out some payback for that poor showing we had in the Dome in Week 3.

I hope we blow out the Falcons, and rain on their parade.
I am for Dallas easily over the Falcons.
I hope Prescott passes for 400 yards, and Elliot runs for 200.

Not going to happen. If the number two QB were 24 and Drew's successor, perhaps. But too many jobs on the line.
Really? whose job is on the line?

Brees is the teams undisputed franchise QB and leader. He only needs 142 yds to break the magical 5000 mark. Let him do that and then rest him. No need to risk his arm or health for the last game. (hence Raiders + Titans situation)

Let Luke McCown get some late playing time and start preparing for an even better 2017!

giphy.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom