Let me tell you one more IMPORTANT reason why the Saints NEED to beat the Falcons Monday night! (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Because if they do not, this will be the team and their situation the following Sunday afternoon...

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Playoff Clinching Scenario

Spot #6 - Wildcard

Case 1
Buccaneers beat the Seahawks, and
Buccaneers beat the Saints, and
Giants beat the Packers, and
Falcons beat the Saints

Case 2
Falcons beat the Saints, and
Bears beat the Packers

Say what you will, but IF the Saints do not take care of their business on Monday night (as shown in the bold type), then it is VERY likely that the other three requirements displayed (Buccaneers beat the Seahawks, Giants beat the Packers, and/or Bears beat the Packers) will become a reality for Tampa Bay, which will bring a highly motivated team into the Superdome in Week 17.

Yeah, I know that we will be desperate too, but the last thing that any of us wish to see is a head banger kind of game for all the marbles against a division foe who was humiliated by us at home earlier this season.

This just adds to the multitude of important reasons why we want to earn our ticket on the 27th and NOT hope that we can pull out the playoff berth right before the final gun of the season. That would be just a little more than my nerves could take!

:scared:

The only reason the Saints NEED to beat the Falcons is because it will really P!SS ME OFF if they don't! That's the only reason the matters as far as I am concerned

Also, that may cause the game to be flexed to the night game. Selfishly I don't want this to happen. We are supposed to go to the game but if it is flexed .... I am going to have to work some magic!

Them being highly motivated or not, if we can't beat Tampa Bay in a situation where everything is on the line and at home, then perhaps we don't belong in the playoffs.

Saints know what they gotta do. Payton will have our boyz ready for the Falcons. Plus, you know our boyz have been waiting all season long for another crack at these girls!! We'll take care of business in Atlanta Monday night.

We must beat them. We will beat them. We're better than them.

**** them.

I hate to say it, Bill... but this thread may be on to something. :covri:

Take care of business Monday night, and don't worry about the other teams.

:gosaints:

Yep. We win, we are in. Basically Monday night is playoff game imo. We should have our A game ready.

Yep. We win, we are in. Basically Monday night is playoff game imo. We should have our A game ready.

It's kind of like a pre-season playoff game. lol. It's a warm-up for a non-playoff playoff game.

So the Saints-Falcons game is pre-season playoff game before a non-playoff playoff game.

GET IT!? IT TOTALLY MAKES SENSE! IM NOT CRAZY.

Because if they do not, this will be the team and their situation the following Sunday afternoon...

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Playoff Clinching Scenario

Spot #6 - Wildcard

Case 1
Giants beat the Packers, and
Falcons beat the Saints

Case 2
Falcons beat the Saints, and
Bears beat the Packers

Say what you will, but IF the Saints do not take care of their business on Monday night (as shown in the bold type), then it is VERY likely that the other three requirements displayed (Buccaneers beat the Seahawks, Giants beat the Packers, and/or Bears beat the Packers) will become a reality for Tampa Bay, which will bring a highly motivated team into the Superdome in Week 17.

Yeah, I know that we will be desperate too, but the last thing that any of us wish to see is a head banger kind of game for all the marbles against a division foe who was humiliated by us at home earlier this season.

This just adds to the multitude of important reasons why we want to earn our ticket on the 27th and NOT hope that we can pull out the playoff berth right before the final gun of the season. That would be just a little more than my nerves could take!

:scared:

The NFL league office made a big deal about how they wanted the last game of the year to be meaningful..8 months later.. an its working out EXACTLY,how the NFL wants it to HMMMMMMMMMMM..." I smell a rat"

JUST SAYING

Yeah... these last few weeks of the season are setting up to be REALLY nerve wracking! :scared:

Trust me, if the Saints don't seal the deal tomorrow night, we'll all be freaking out over the potential for another Arizona/Cleveland/1st Atlanta-type game when the Bucs come to the Dome.

It's time for our Saints to show that we are ready to defend our title no matter where we have to travel to do the job! I just want to relax a bit for Week 17.
:covri:

If the Saints win tomorrow night we clinch the #5 seed. It would be awesome if after that we get moved to a 3:00 start. Meaning this: If Falcons beat Carolina in a noon game, thus winning the division, we would know ahead of time and get to rest our starters.

If a highly motivated Tampa Bay team is coming to the Dome, then so be it. You dont think the Saints will be highly motivated? Look , if the SAINTS dont win 1 of their final 2 games, then we dont deserve to be in the playoffs. I mean how many opportunitites can we be given? We will make it though, stop worrying!!!

Another important reason to win tomorrow is to send a message: We can beat you here and we'll do it in the playoffs, too. Whether we're good enough to win tomorrow and send that message, well, we'll see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom