Let the franchise tagging begin. (1 Viewer)

Excuse me if this is a dumb question, but do we plan on tagging anybody? I don't know all the ins and outs of this process. Drew is locked up through the year, so do we tag maybe Vaccaro or Fairley?

Excuse me if this is a dumb question, but do we plan on tagging anybody? I don't know all the ins and outs of this process. Drew is locked up through the year, so do we tag maybe Vaccaro or Fairley?

No. We won't tag anyone.

Vaccaro is a free agent next year. I'm not sure whether or not we can tag Fairley because of the voided contract. He would be the only free agent worth tagging.

Bouye is better than Norman and we aggressively pursued him when he became a free agent. With all of these tags he should be our day 1 focus

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bouye is better than Norman and we aggressively pursued him when he became a free agent. With all of these tags he should be our day 1 focus

What makes you think Bouye is better than Norman?

What makes you think Bouye is better than Norman?
Purely my opinion and it is a small sample size for Aj but I feel they are on the same level. His instincts and route recognition are superb, he reads and reacts to the ball quicker than most cornerbacks and he has great footwork when playing off coverage.

Per pff QBs had a "passer rating of just 62.8, because he has yet to surrender a score, and is only allowing 52.5 percent of the passes thrown his way to be caught. Even the ones that have been caught have gone for just 7.8 yards per reception."

I feel he will get a big contract offer from the Jets or 49ers though. Jets especially if they can void Revis contract due to his legal trouble.

Purely my opinion and it is a small sample size for Aj but I feel they are on the same level. His instincts and route recognition are superb, he reads and reacts to the ball quicker than most cornerbacks and he has great footwork when playing off coverage.

Per pff QBs had a "passer rating of just 62.8, because he has yet to surrender a score, and is only allowing 52.5 percent of the passes thrown his way to be caught. Even the ones that have been caught have gone for just 7.8 yards per reception."

I feel he will get a big contract offer from the Jets or 49ers though. Jets especially if they can void Revis contract due to his legal trouble.

I just wonder how he will do when everybody is looking at him to be the man after his big contract. It was a sincere question though. Was just curious about your thought process. I think he is really good, but I'll have to wait until I see what he does next year before I say he's better than Norman.

If the Saints franchise tag a player it guarantees that he can't be signed by another team without the Saints receiving compensation (2 first round picks). On the flip side that player is guaranteed a 1 year salary from the Saints equal to the average yearly salary of the top 5 players at the position or 120% of their salary in 2016, whichever is greater.

The Saints do not have any unrestricted free agents this year that any team would give up 2 first round picks to acquire nor any the Saints would pay that much salary to keep. Therefore, there is no need for tagging.

Vaccaro is a free agent next year. I'm not sure whether or not we can tag Fairley because of the voided contract. He would be the only free agent worth tagging.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think tagging him would make him one of the highest paid DT's in the league and it would be better for both the team and Fairley if we just signed him to a large contract.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom