Let the media frenzy over NYG NO begin (1 Viewer)

Hopefully the team is as ready for the national media blitz/love/scrutiny as I am. Bring it!

I have a serious man-crush on Drew. But Yasinskas is right.

I hope that Brees crosses a big win off the list this weekend

I disagreed with a few things he said but overall I think he was pretty accurate.

Good read. Thanks.

I think his best point, and fairest, was that the team hasn't put him in a position of having that many meaningful games under his belt. We only got him to the post-season once and Deuce/Reggie were the story of our one win there. Hopefully tomorrow we begin to change all of that forever. I can guarantee that if we win the next 3 there will be no discussion on TV or radio that doesn't start a discussion of the NFC by comparing anyone (Vikings included) to the Saints as the presumed number 1 in the conference. If we win tomorrow Brees will get 4-5 other "prove it to the critics" games before the playoffs (ATL home game for sure, NE, Dallas -- even if they blow the media will consider them a challenge, and up to two of the remaining ATL/Carolina games).

Sunday will be a HUGE first step nationally for Drew and the team as a whole, but really winning after the New Year is where credibility that sticks comes from. In the last 20 years Oilers/Titans haven't won that many fewer games in the regular season than teams like Pittsburgh, but the label of quality comes from the post-season. So if the worst happens on Sunday, it'll all be erased by an NFCCG win. If we blow the Giants out on Sunday, it'll all be erased by a playoff loss. What's at stake is a lot more fun and confidence for the holidays, and I'm all for that. Go Saints, protect our Dome on Sunday.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/3853/giants-give-brees-chance-to-make-big-statement

I am sorry but he lost credibility in my book with this statement. How can this game have more meaning than ANY playoff game the Saints have played? The 2 playoff games in 06 BOTH had more meaning than this one, IMHO.
True. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he didn't feel the need to type in the qualifier "regular season", but I read it that way for him. I can see why you wouldn't though.

I hope that the media hypes the giants from now till sunday--I want to go in as the underdog.

Drew will come through. You have to win the big ones and the SB to keep them beat back. Just look at how they treated Peyton before he won a SB. Then he won it and they back off. Just comes with the territory. Same can be said for Eli. One you are a Champion they can't ever take it away from you. Dan Marino is about the only one it seems they left alone.

opposing QB rating against the Saints blitz...37.2, best in the league...and 6 interceptions off of the blitz.

That is some good defense, right there, boys and girls.

opposing QB rating against the Saints blitz...37.2, best in the league...and 6 interceptions off of the blitz.

That is some good defense, right there, boys and girls.

Matthew Stafford, Kevin Kolb, Trent Edwards and Mark Sanchez all have pretty poor passer ratings with out the blitz. Just sayin.

...The Saints are without Pro Bowl left tackle Jammal Brown, who’s out for the season with an injury. The Saints have been playing Jermon Bushrod and Zach Strief there. Those two probably couldn’t start at left tackle for another team in the league...

interesting comment there

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom